Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best AMD DDR Mobo ?

• 08-02-2002 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Im getting a motherboard this weekend and Im just wonder'n whats the best Athlon DDR one available right now..

Oh and id be interested in the best place to buy said mobo aswell :) Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

best DDR mobo: Abit KR7A-Raid without doubt, and if u can get it the KR7A-133R (same board, but all 8 channels support UDMA133, UDMA133 is only supported by maxtor drives atm, and makes no difference :))

got mine from www.dabs.com

www.overclockers.co.uk also do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Just ordered it, Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I concur...I bought the same Mobo there recently and It's got a lot of little nifty features. One thing tho...If your going installing windows XP, make sure to install the raid drivers during the setup.

Also, I dont know if the mobos to blame, but while running XP the PC might just Reset itself..totally unprovoking, could be in the middle of a game or anything. I was told that it could be the mobo thats the problem.

Anyone else get at similar thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

XP here and never had that happen (same board)

check the graphics drivers (if its an nvidia uninstall them completely, set it generic, and then reinstall them again)

When I had win2k it used to go to a blue screen then reset when I went to the menu's in half life, reinstall cured it (i'd been fecking around with the drivers, so way my own fault :)) XP doesn't seem to blue screen and just resets with similar things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have a KR7A RAID too and am using Windows XP Pro. I have got a blue screen a couple of times and had to reboot. I am not sure what the cause is. I am running 2 Maxtor 80GB drives in raid 0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I only blue screen I saw was when my sound card ****ed up in may....it does this thing called a memory dump which takes a good few minutes and suggests I update my Bios? :confused:

Not the usual blue screen is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Sound's similar to the "usual" blue screen, BIOS updates in my experience usually help. :)

Advertisement