Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Analysis

Options
  • 08-02-2002 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

I'm looking for some way of recording the total bandwidth used by a share. ie how much bandwidth is shared uploading and downloading files from this share and all its sub folders+files. MS Networking NT/2k server.
    Either that or something to count the amount of times the files were accessed. Since I know the size of the files I can multiply that by the amount of times accessed to get a rough estimate of the bandwidth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

off hand no but dont Win2k and XP have something like that built in.. im fairly sure they do! Task manager does have a network bandwith monitor, may not have all you want but the console probably has some snap in to monitor the network traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

But it has to be specific to ONE share on a server that has multiple shares and lots of tcp/ip communication, with over a hundred clients.

Advertisement