Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registery question

• 08-02-2002 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

My brother and I both play TFC, on alot of tfc servers they ban aliasing, so both me and my brother will get banned if we both play with the same cd key. So i got a second one, Now when I want to play I run "regedit" search for "Valve" and change the CD key manually however this can be real annoying when I decide to play and then find no good servers to play on, and since my brother hasnt a clue im the one that constatly changes it. Soooo I noticed one time when I ran a ".reg" file it said it was putting info in the regestry and was wondering if I could make one that would change the cdkey to mine and one to change it to my brothers, is this possible? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yup.. enter the value in the registry then export the key to my documents and do the same for the other cdkey value.. then double ckick what ever one you want on the fly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yep exactly. May require a reboot though. Just stick the two files on your desktop with nice labels, and it'll automatically stick it in for ya. We did the same thing in work with IP addresses. We had one that was allowed access the proxy, but couldn't see the intranet, and the other was the opposite. A quick fix really.....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

wont need a reboot. you will just have to restart hl if you mean to change they key.

Advertisement