Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing sim cards

• 18-12-2000 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭

The easiest way to unlock a phone is find out how much credit has been spent on it. If its over £80 for eircell and £100 for esat they'll send you the unlocking code.

AFAIK the code is unique to each phone and they have to get it off the manufacturer.

I dont think you can get them off the net (i spent long enough looking for them) but I think you can clear the phones memory and download the software for it if you have the right cables.

BTW i dont know anything about the panasonic but the motorola wap phone "Talk - something or other" is pretty crap, it doesnt even tell you who rang if you miss a call.

[This message has been edited by shakel (edited 18-12-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I got information for unlocking the panasonic but couldnt find any for the motorola model. I guess ill just swop them(phone and card).

I have a speakeasy panasonic and i have the chance of swopping for a ready to go motorola wap. They dont seem to like each others sim cards. Any one know why? or is there a work around? I really would prefere to keep my no. Have i to manually change network on the phones first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

the phones are sim locked.
    ie you can only use the sim from that operator. there is a work around..
    can't remember the site tho...

Thanks frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

<Talliesin> I think those phones are all network-locked.
    <Talliesin> You can't use a SIM from another network on them.
    <figment> ill try and fiddle around with them more

But when MiCr0 says the same thing you believe him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yea, well i work for a phone company smile.gif

A second oppinion never hurts. smile.gif
    Any way i thgink i may be downloading a solution as i type!

Advertisement