Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise 1x15 - Shadows of P'Jem

• 09-02-2002 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Holy wow - plot continuity in Enterprise. Even if it's only an excuse to show Archer in the clinch with T'Pal.... Holy Wow nonetheless. Will wonders never cease?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i dont follow, please explain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

We boldly go somewhere new next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

what happened what happened! damn work, damn it to hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Originally posted by Shinji
    Holy wow - plot continuity in Enterprise. Even if it's only an excuse to show Archer in the clinch with T'Pal.... Holy Wow nonetheless. Will wonders never cease?

Yes that was a cool episode,

Em TNG Borg wtf,,, nah they never came back

DS9 prohets? pfffftt they were a one episoder

Voyager Paris hit on Torres once and that was a stopgap for one episode

OF COURSE THERE'S no continuity in Star Trek

[ abusive parts of your post removed - if you can't post with a degree of civility - dont post at all. ]

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Not a bad episode - I liked the bit when T'Pal fell uh, 'on' Archer's face ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

have not seen this ep yet, i assume it happens next week on sky?

Shinji what do you mean by plot continuation? there is more continuation than not.. slydice just made that point with a few of them.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Im guessing he means that there is no real 'continuity' - sure in ST there are recurring enemies but for the most part there is no continuity between them - you could watch one episode one day, watch another episode 2 seasons later and nothing would have changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...I don't see that there's any great boost in the continuity yet either - it's certainly not anywhere close to B5-type running storylines, that's for sure.

I'm with kaids on the pick of the scenes, and that's no maybe :D

Gadget

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Saruman
    have not seen this ep yet, i assume it happens next week on sky?

No, most here are downloading the episodes off the net, I think Sky are about 10 episodes behind.
    Not a bad episode - I liked the bit when T'Pal fell uh, 'on' Archer's face

Taken from:
    http://www.trektoday.com/news/120202_03.shtml

After showing a clip from 'Shadows of P'Jem' with Archer and T'Pol tied up together, host Jon Stewart wanted to know what Bakula was doing with the woman in the slinky suit. "We were tied up together, and at the end of that clip we fall down together and her breasts land in my face," he replied.

You can download that interview and others from:
    http://www.mediatrek.com/trek/enterprise/ent_interview.html

dear god man, please tell me its no 56k and difinitly not per minute

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Heh, nah - cable. Got a mate in the states who's doing something very cunning along the lines of ripping off the digital feed directly and re-encoding it as DivX - episodes are about 500mb apiece and very high quality. No ad breaks either, woohoo! That's my main reason for watching it this way, in fact - I'd watch on Sky only the ad breaks do my head in.

Nice to see the Sci-Fi fraternity finally catching up with what Anime fandom has been doing for two years now. You get DVD quality rips of anime shows, perfectly fan subtitled in English, distributed on the 'net within a day or two of original Japanese Tx. It rocks :)

o yea, those, ive afew of them around the place, half downloaded, ater seeing afew episodes on sky i decided it wasnt worth the hassel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Kewl shinji, does he get that advance episode that some town in canada gets? the one which supposedly gets broadcast a day earlier ?

I wouldn't know i don't download illegal stuff like that ;)

Originally posted by Slydice
    I wouldn't know i don't download illegal stuff like that ;)
    Neither would I :rolleyes:

That's why I'm not expecting a download of episode 16 to finish in, erm, at current non-estimates, 3 non-minutes 23 non-seconds ;)

Gadget

I got the first few eps on crap 80mb per episode realplayer format but gave me a headache watching them.. just to ge an idea of the show it was goot.. but im content to watch each episode on sky!

I have a thing about RealPlayer - I won't install it on my system as I consider it spyware. However, the DivX and MPEG versions available out there are quite good; lash the MPEG onto a VCD and you're sucking diesel ;)

Gadget

This is your first and final warning, I don't like where this is going and if it continues will be locked.

...not sure what (if anything) I did wrong, but I'll shut up now... :confused:

(An explanation would be really helpful, azezil - I'm genuinely stumped here)

Gadget

Dammit Gadget your ruining my attempts to come across all tough like :D

I assume it's illegal to download episodes ?

Originally posted by azezil
    Dammit Gadget your ruining my attempts to come across all tough like :D

I assume it's illegal to download episodes ?
    As far as I'm aware, it's not illegal for personal use; after all, it is being broadcast, so it's no more illegal (presumably) than recording it yourself off the TV, which is acceptable under copyright laws, AFAIK...

Having said that, I'll shut up on the subject (just in case)...

Gadget

• Advertisement

it actually depends on format, vcd, avi, mpg and the like arnt illegal persay, but divx is totaly illegal if you dont own the orginal dvd, it all about whos has the rights over the format

I don't understand how that's possible; what makes DivX different to the rest? :confused:

Gadget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's something of a grey area. At the moment there's no way of getting hold of these episodes in the UK legally, which begs the question of whether it's illegal to download them.

Strictly speaking - yeah, it's probably illegal, but only in the same way that taping a film off the TV is illegal. In fact it's almost EXACTLY the same mechanism as copying something off TV with a TiVO...

This is going way off topic but anyhow.. there is a difference in copying something to tape from TV and downloading something that is not even available in your country! Royaltees!

When you copy a film from TV, that TV station has paid the producers or whoever holds the rights of that movie roaltees on the expected viewers of the movie or something along those lines.. either way if you copy a movie from TV, whatever station you recorded it from paid for your recording! The producer did not loose out..

Downloading from the net is obviously different! You could argue it WILL EVENTUALLY get here and then they will make their money... anyway grey area all right but thats the main difference.
    Its all about them getting their money.
    For instance i would have no concience problems with getting a perfect copy of LOTR in DivX because i paid to see it 3 times at the cinema (more than enough for them i think) and will be one of the first to buy the DVD even though i have an almost DVD quality copy.

take .avi and mpg, these are standardized formats anybody can use them.

were as divx, and i think another called something like jsut DVD format. were specialy designed for dvd's and a big coperation owns sole rights to them, dont ask me the exact legal arrange ment, im nto a lawyor but thats what i read into it

Advertisement