Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gpl'd sprites

• 09-02-2002 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm working on an opensource game for my final year college project, and I want a basic client to demonstrate it. I also want to be able to release the server/client in a usable form at the end of it. So i dont want a completely ugly demonstration client. I'm looking for some sprites with animation frames for movement, and hopefuly gun use.
    Does anyone have anything like this they've made, or seen around? It'd need to be available to me under the gpl, lgpl, or some other (reasonable) open source license. Credit would of course be given.
    Theres no money in this for me, but you might get to see your sprites used in a game. Better than having them moldering away on some HD,
    quozl

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

try http://www.gamedev.net or maybe sourceforge?

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hey there Quozl!

Haven't seen / heard from you since the GL LAN, Gosh was it THAT much fun!? ([Sarcasm]God, Im such a funny person aren't I![/Sarcasm])

Well Sprites aren't exactly my strongest field so all I'll say is, and you already know this, you're probably better off checking the Animation Board, or possibly the Programming Board... Im sure there's a few "High Class, Smart Expert" type people around there who can help you straight off, but then again, there might be a little gem hiding in this Board too...

Either way, we'll keep you posted - I wouldn't mind getting a few custom sprites myself for the upcoming MOD Im making...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

What kind of sprites? Any paritcular dimension? You could always rob one from half-life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Originally posted by [-=RaVeN=-]
    What kind of sprites? Any paritcular dimension? You could always rob one from half-life.
    :) Nah, i need sprites of characters, along the lines of the ones in xcom, diablo 2, that sort of isometric game. A halflife crosshair mightn't work the best :)
    Thanks though lads,
    and rope. I gave up cs ather the london cpl, koopa made me go to galway lan with promises of lots of drinking (he lied! he lied!) (though we did get to see bunny drinking his pint with a condom hiden in it, so it wasnt all bad ;)
    quozl

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I take it that means you won't bother coming to the next G-Lan in easter!?

It seems that DooDee has promised quite a lot of drinking this time, and with Op-Flashpoint, RTCW and a host of other multiplayer games avaliable, it'd be quite interesting to see what will happen...

G'wan - AngelWhore and Ronan|Raven will offer good entertainment... We'll MAKE Ronan fall this time :D

(Sorry Ronan Mate, that image of you collapsing in the middle of the LAN will bring a bigger smile to my face than when I was told at the Galway Drinkies Session that I mistook your man for a Blue Note Staff member, ringing the cops on me because of my two hour long toilet antics... Oh, and the story about me and my 90 degree angle sleeping position at the LAN)

Gwan Greg, drag a few down, and make it your last game of CS - A good Galway send off is always good ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement