Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

56k Meet The Wall....

Options
  • 09-02-2002 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭

I am gettin so tried of this waiting game, and the ODTR doing absolutly nothing lately....

And the prices....Abhorrid, all these suggested prices..... we put it this way, they are all greedy..

Take for example Chorus, 55 euro at the start of the Powernet Server.......now its 101...

I did calculations..... i pay 130 euro for 2 months of:
    • The Rental Charge Of 2 Lines
    • 2 Months of IOL No Limits

And With ADSL or i-speed - Besides the fact im about 4km from Longford Town (The nearest Local Exchange:() its double it, i mean cmon here, we are home users, not Aristocracy here.

Does the Word AFFORDABLE mean anything to eircom or any other ISP supplier...Goddamn it makes me so frustrated....so 56k....MEET THE WALL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

Ah well to be honest it's almost as bad as it can ever get. I movied into a new apartment recently, phone was already installed. So I call up to change it into my name, etc., .

Phone was *working* already though. Anyway, I call on a Saturday. They say sure, no problem, transfer to my name, etc., . Half hour later teh phone is dead, I call the emergency number on a mobile and they say I'll have to wait until Monday for the phone to be connected, taht no engineers work on Saturday you idiot customer.

Phone is working on Monday, as promised. 1 week later, it's dead. I call up again, they say that they have no record of a phone at the address and that my order for a phone has not been processed yet (phone has worked for a week, you understand). Eventually after 4 weeks of it being connected and disconnected, it's finally OK.

I got my first bill: €76 or so. €9 of that is for actual phone calls. The rest is dispersed with mini-rental period charges (4 days here, a week there, etc., ) and stuff. Sorry for throwing this in here, but you're mention of cost just kicked me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

LOL, NP, i am serious the F***ing costs here in Ireland are SKY HIGH when even compared to god forbid, Slovakia, now come on here.......THATS BAD

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I am gettin so tried of this waiting game, and the ODTR doing absolutly nothing lately....

What do you suggest they do? Really, I'm asking.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Speed things up :D All we need is speed, i dont want every1 to have Fiber Optic Cable Access when i get ADSL....

And to roll it out nationwide, i live 4km from the exchange, so even when they DO FINALLY get the thing going, it will be YEARS before it comes out this far

Advertisement