Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal Of Honour Warning

Options
  • 09-02-2002 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I have just completed the medal of honour demo...and I felt i should tell people what it is like...well here i go...

1) 5 minute loading time.
    2) tacky graphics even with a decent graphics card and a fast P4 pc.
    3) Enemies spawn from nowwhere...unless you advance rapidly they just respawn indefinitely.
    4) The fact that it is nearly impossible to die is very bad...I threw 5 frag grenades at my feet....and I lost 50% health...
    6) Fog as far as the eye can see so as NOT to provide a decent landscape.
    7) enemies are so accurate its unfair...I was show repeatedly with an MG42 from miles away.

This is only the demo...I have a P4 1.7 Ge-Force 2 256mb ram 40gb Hard Drive...this is worse than RED FACTION...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

wrong wrong wrong. ive only got a 500 p3 and geforce2 mx and it pulls a steady 20fps on the high detail settings, loading times are far better than wolfenstein(c64 here people), enemies no not spawn randomly and anyway once you play omaha beach any flaws in the game are totally meaningless. the word incredible doesnt go even nearly far enough to describe the experience. mg42 bullets whizzing through the water and above your head men shouting and screaming in terror people advancing beside you getting shot. its saving private ryan all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by ][Spoof Jesus][

Doesnt take over a minute on my comp. (1 gig tbird / geforce3 384 megs ram)

Better graphics than rtcw or any other fps thats come out lately imo.
    3) Enemies spawn from nowwhere...unless you advance rapidly they just respawn indefinitely.

If you played it more than once you might figure out that theyre actually coming from buildings. Once you kill them all they dont come back.
    4) The fact that it is nearly impossible to die is very bad...I threw 5 frag grenades at my feet....and I lost 50% health...

7) enemies are so accurate its unfair...I was show repeatedly with an MG42 from miles away.

Try playing it on something other than 'easy'. (Its called that for a reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's not as pretty as RCTW but the demo's got impressive tactical gameplay.

Everything else you said is silly. Are you sure it was medal of honour you were playing?

I'll be buying it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I also have to disagree. I've got a AMD 1.3ghz TBird, 768mb SDram and a GeForce3 and just got the demo today. It loaded in less than 30 seconds on my pc, graphics were pretty good - providing youre not the sorta person who puts gamma to max. Enemies dont just spawn from nowhere, perhaps you just dont see them coming? As for impossible to die - that does happen on the easiest difficulty settings. Fog as far as the eye can see - not on mine? Ok the enemies are quite accurate - but not so its completely unrealistic. On the highest details levels I noticed no frameloss at all either.

I WILL be buying this game on monday morning.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Pretty much agree with richindub2 on all the points (!), except he didn't reply to 6 - the fog can be changed afaik, on my home PC there is very little fog.

Oh and you skipped 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by kaids
    Pretty much agree with richindub2 on all the points (!), except he didn't reply to 6 - the fog can be changed afaik, on my home PC there is very little fog.

Yea i own. (I forgot about 6 :/ )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

P1 166MMX Voodoo2 32ram 8gb Hard Drive You mean. Doesnt take but 40 secs on my P1.4 / 128Mb Ram

Heres a tip, open your eyes, then notice that your monitor res is set to 256 Colours....

Where did you spawn from ?

why would you try to kill yourself, have you issues ?

6) Fog as far as the eye can see so as NOT to provide a decent landscape.

as what kaids said

have you tried shootin back ? and as per rich said :)

yet another great post Spoof, well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'm not going to bother responding to the points raised, as others have done so admirably already.

What I will say is that Medal of Honor: Allied Assault is far and away the best first person shooter I've ever played, bar none. It lifts the standards of the genre in much the same way that Half-Life did; it's atmospheric, intelligent, well-balanced and hard as nails in places. A downright stunning game, and an amazing experience to play through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I liked the demo a lot and although most of Spoof Jesus's points are entirely wrong, I'd have to agree with him on the point that the enemies seem a tad on the lethally accurate side. Still, it may last longer than RTCW anyway.

This lethal accuracy reminds me of the jumping-out-of-the-plane level in No-One Lives Forever, where the guys following you down were ridiculously accurate considering the conditions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Spoof are you blind or stupid or both?My computer is very poor 128mb ram voodoo 3 3000 p3 and 8mb hard drive and the game runs well and loads quickly have you played the game at all or did you read a games column in a sunday tabloid newspaper and just jot down what you read?You are wrong its a good game and its the best fps in a long time it pisses on rtcw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭][Spoof Jesus][

i stand corrected...I just spent half an hour tweaking all the graphics and sound..and i must admit it is a very well made game...i dont think it "pisses" on RTCW because both have totally different stories and atmospheres...so wolf goes for the whole dark and dreary thing and MoH goes for the realism...it is a cool game...i was wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

He is in fact correct here. They don't respawn but they do spawn from thin air until you have captured the building.
    This happens in the town level of the demo just after the tank destroys the wall. Next time you play advance slowly killing all those who attack but then reload and just storm the place and you will find there will be a lot less people.
    Also when the alarm goes off in later levels the troops spawn out of barrack tents that i allready had been in.

P.S PC Gamer (cue bickering about the best PC Mag) also said something about them spawning out of thin air aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by orangerooster_2000
    8mb hard drive

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by *Neo*

:eek:

And he manages to fit Windows and Medal of Honour onto it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I heard it was sh!t but I think I'll get it after all this praise...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Well I dunno about the rest of ye, but It is by far the best Single Player FPS I have played to date...and I've only touched on Two Single Player Demos and Multiplayer by my lonesome. Could very well topple CS as my Fav Multiplayer too.:)

In response to Spoof Jesus:

Go Fúck a Lawnmower.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Kinky, but given Spoof's withdrawel of his comments (albiet in an unnesseccary 2nd thread) somewhat redundant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I've just gotten a copy, loaded onto an intel 82815 integrated video chipset board (****e I know) but it will run this game and it does look good.
    Get myself a pair of speakers and I'm sorted for today.
    Loading time is a min on this - cpu 700 (intel muck).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Is it actually out? Why do the stores in galway not have it?! Smyths had a release date of the 8th of february, but I went there and it was changed to the 15th :/ I want it bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Dont think its released yet offically, haven't seen it in Virgin or Game in dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just started playing it and I loikes it I do.

Advertisement