Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voodoo 3 Cost

• 09-02-2002 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Im wondering how much a VoodoO 3 Should Cost.

My P.C is a 333mhz celeron, 64mb sdram 4mb ATI Video Car

I bought 32mb sdram for 20euro is that a good deal?

:confused:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Those cards are a fair bit behind the times now.
    I had one lying around for quite a while before I was able to sell it (for £35 about six months ago).

The card does have OpelGL and Direct3D support, just don't expect great frame rates in the latest games.

And, 3DFX are no more, something else to bear in mind.

You would probably be better off with a cheap Radeon or a Geforce 2 mx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya but he's runnin a 333mhz computer, so it wouldn't make much difference.
    If ya do decide to get GeForce2 MX make sure you have an agp port on ur mother board or else get a pci one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

im still cutted about 3dfx going to the wall :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I agree about the Geforve MX over the voodoo 3 , had them both in an old 400 of mine , Geforce will get more out of it.
    As regards what you paid for that ram , I bought 256MB of SDram of a mate for £30 (punt) a while ago, I know you could get 128 for about 24 quid, has it gone up again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

em well if its a gf1 non ddr one id chouse the voodoo but if you get a gf2 mx 400 thats better have all the above cards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

€20 for 32 Megs of SDRAM is a bit on the dear side.

I'm assuming that your system uses PC100?

And RAM prices have gone throught the roof of late.

I built a system with PC2100 DDR last October. My RAM cost me £35 Irish for each 256 Meg DIMM I bought. Prices are starting to look like they might hit three times that soon.

Advertisement