Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albums (2)

Options
  • 09-02-2002 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Having just read the Albums thread, an idea popped into my head. What is everybody's favourite/most influential album of all time?? Post answers here please.

Mine is U2's Achtung Baby

}:>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Songbird

by

Eva Cassidy.

The songs on that can nearly bring me to tears
    (and i'm not ashamed to admit it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I can't remeber the title of it but it was one of Pavorotti's albums. That man has one of the best voices in the world.

PS I know Pavorotti is spelt wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

The Bends

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Ok COMPUTER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by foobar
    Songbird

by

Eva Cassidy.
    Hmmm... interesting. I found that its mostly poor covers of good songs, but i guess its down to opinion...

Myself, Id have to say Metallica's S&M.

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers is an experience that everyone should have. It's not even an album, it's a state of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Uphamizer

D12 - Devils knight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

dance the devil,the frames

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Woohoo,another Frames fan! :D

Either Dance the Devil (I could listen to it all day); Unplugged in New York - Nirvana (strangely a lot more mellow and relaxing than you associate with Nirvana - one of the best bands ever :D); or the Led Zeppelin BBC Sessions,if only for the live version of Stairway to Heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I'm not quite sure, it changes alot

Choice of three:
    Metallica - S&M
    Bob Dylan - "The Essensial Bob Dylan"
    Nirvana - Muddy Banks

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

Adam: It brings back so many memories of songs my parents used to play when i was younger, so it has good times stamped all over it.

But i guess it really is personal opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

what about Jeff Buckley 'Grace'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭insanebadgergirljess

Jeff Buckley'grace' wins for me i think.but 'fitzcarraldo' by the frames, 'either/or' by elliott smith, 'the sun is often out'by the longpigs, 'The bends' by radiohead, 'neither am i' by bellx1, 'o' by damien rice and 'is this it' by the strokes are way up there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I'll try and pick my top 5...

U2 - Zooropa
    Tom Waits - Rain Dogs
    Jeff Buckley - Grace
    Ozzy Osbourne - Blizzard Of Ozz
    Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

Mostly inspirational ones...

most important songs in my life:
    Tom Waits - Time
    U2 - Dirty Day
    Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah
    Blur - Strange News From Another Star

Originally posted by insanebadgergirljess
    Jeff Buckley'grace' wins for me i think.but 'fitzcarraldo' by the frames, 'either/or' by elliott smith, 'the sun is often out'by the longpigs, 'The bends' by radiohead, 'neither am i' by bellx1, 'o' by damien rice and 'is this it' by the strokes are way up there too.

Jess, is "o" really that good? havent gotten round to Purchasing it yet. You going to the 1st of march gig?

i agree wholeheartedly with those of you who said "grace" by jeff buckley.tis a super album.

neil-"o" is fantastic.absolutely brilliant.

"neither am i" is another of my favourite albums.mmmm,paul noonans voice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

nirvana-unplugged in new york
    nirvana-nevermind
    john lennon-imagine
    damien rice-o
    green day-dookie (for no apparent reason)

There's just loadsa songs aswell, like red hot chili peppers 'scar tissue', green day 'time of your life', etc, etc, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

Pearl Jam: Ten

Man, I absolutely love that album:)

I still don't understand why 'State of love and trust' (PJ's best tune - just sums them up for me) never made it onto any album:confused:

But that's another story i s'pose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

as a huge Jimmy Eat World fan, I have to say either Bleed American or Clarity.
    I have nearly all of their songs on my computer now, including the exclusive Scala live cd. but I can't make up my mind which is my fav. probably Clarity..maybe

Dammit,I want "o" now,but I don't know where to get it!! :(

• Advertisement

Next time you're down in good ould Dub, go into Tower. OR post me the money, and i'll post "o" to you, but only after copying it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Just thought of a song that I can't believe I forgot

Radiohead - True Love Waits

That's my 3rd favourite song ever.

And radiohead isn't depressing. It just reminds me of the good times in CTYI... <sheds a tear>

shred:i love pearl jam so much!!!they are one of my favourite bands ever!!

and dermo:jimmy eat world rock so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

It all depends my friends. It all depends ...

Originally posted by qwidgybo
    and dermo:jimmy eat world rock so much!!

don't they just?
    did ya go to their gig last month? was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

i love pearl jam so much!!!they are one of my favourite bands ever!!

Groovy:)

What can I say - you've impeccable taste:D

Hmmm,I'll think about it Neil :p

Everyone who was at the Jimmy Eat World gig - (a) congratulations!, and (b) was that the gig where Berkeley were playing support? What'd you think of them?

Originally posted by Dermo

don't they just?
    did ya go to their gig last month? was excellent

no :( ,it was during the week so i couldn't
    but i fully intend on seeing them in the ambassador in may.
    hurrah!!

and shred:why thank you!i would like to think i do have impeccable taste!

Originally posted by Leto
    Hmmm,I'll think about it Neil :p

Everyone who was at the Jimmy Eat World gig - (a) congratulations!, and (b) was that the gig where Berkeley were playing support? What'd you think of them?

yeah Berkeley were supporting, I think they got a real surprise when everyone started screaming when they came on stage, the reason every1 was screaming was cos we were bored by then, and we screamed for anybody :)
    they were pretty good. There first few songs were real fast and got the crowd going but the ended with slower songs, i think it would've been better if they had that the other way around.
    But a lot of ppl didn't like it when they played the intro to JEW's song Bleed American, but the were still cool

do u know them r something?

• Advertisement

Well, Tommy (McLaughlin,the lead singer) is going out with one of my best friend's sister,and he's pretty good friends with another mate of mine,so I know him through both of them. Apart from that,they're all from Donegal,and they're good,so I'd be interested in them anyway! :)

They've just finished recording their debut album in Chicago with - wait for it - Steve Albini. Yes,that Steve Albini of Nirvana and The Pixies fame. Tommy had the unmixed cd here with him when he was back last week, but it's gone now,and we were totally forbidden to copy it (for obvious reasons) :(

I can't wait to see them live again...I saw them in the Nerve Centre in Derry a few months ago when they were playing with the Frames, and (in my humble opinion) they were worth the entrance fee themselves.

Advertisement