Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet Explorer 6

• 09-02-2002 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering about upgrading my browser. I have put off upgrading from IE5.5 for a while despite numerous win update popups when I use my laptop.

Is it worth it??
    Its a big download on a 56k modem and I dont want it to be just a waste of time for nothing really important or necessary- i like doing some webpages so I think it might be useful for testing but otherwise I'm not that bothered:rolleyes:

Any opinions appreciated,
    George

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll just say one thing for it - cookie blocking. It also will allow you use smart tags when they arrive, but whether that's a good or bad thing is purely up to you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Why not get one of the ISP cds, I'm sure some of them have IE6 now, else just get one of the shareware cds that come with those awful pc magazines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

Good Idea Marcus
    I'll give that a try:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you have access to a machine with broadband access, if I remember correctly at the start of the upgrade there is an option somewhere to download the entire package without installing. (I was looking into getting it that way myself, but I never did - so I could be wrong.)

(I'd stick with the less awkward cover CD method to be honest.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

You are indeed correct leeyroy after you've downloaded the odd 400k and you get the welcome screen. select install minimal set of components or customize your browser, click next. On your right there's a little advanced tab click; check the box with the msg saying, "downloads the following set of components to install later: Full" :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement