Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its gone Midnight, The Punt is dead! Sniff!

Options
  • 10-02-2002 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Just thought I'd mark its passing....

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

:(

Ah well, onwards and upwards. Betcha anything I'll find a punt fiver in a coat pocket soon, and have to go to.. um.. somewhere. Actually if I find any punts lying around, I'll frame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

To paraphrase Christy Moore,

Ah, goodbye to the horse and salmon, to the woodcock and the stag, to the bull, the birds and Lavery, to the pound sign, notes and shilling....

Well, try to get a financial term to rhyme with Stag!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Does this mean the end of the euro forum

got some irish money lying around will keep it for the begging refugees next time im in town

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Banks will still exchange punts for euros (for a while anyway). The central bank will do it forever. Might be handy if you find a few grand stuffed into the matress or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    Well, try to get a financial term to rhyme with Stag!!!! :(

money bag????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Good try, but I dont reckon we are saying goodbye to those!!

Advertisement