Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new isdn modem need help

• 19-12-2000 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all i need help on this one please.

Ok i have a isdn modem and i play alot of cs or tfc on it. My ping is not that good with it some times as bad as 150 ping on uk server's. but during the weekends it is good i get a 100 ping some times 90 but that is late in the night.
    On the irish server's the best i have got was 60 ping that is on the netshop server's. i c some people who can get to 30 with there isdn modems and i know there useing isdn and not cable.

My modem is a trust 64k modem USB connection. Im just after hearing that a USB connection is ment to be carp so i guess there right seen my ping in all.

What modem is the best i can get well not more then 120 pounds worth after that well it is out of my league.

If anyone can help me please i would be very greatfull.
    Can u give me the name of the modem and where i can buy it maybe i will have to send away for it. I live in waterford and i dont want to go to dublin to pick it up but post away for it would be nice. Or if u can give me there home page so i can buy this modem .

Thanks

P.S are internal modems better then ports or USB modems ?

please tell me a very good modem and where i can buy it .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Asus TA.

(I didnt actually read your full post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I second the Asus TA, although it hurts me to agree with Andy.....

Dunno where you'd get one in Waterford, but if you order online, try:
    www.scan.co.uk

Scan, is there nothing you can't fix?

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Advertisement