Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Wan

Options
  • 10-02-2002 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

ok, I didnt know whether or not this was the place to put this toppic so Mods feel free to move it...

The story is that there is a group of us trying to set up a Galway Wan and we are looking for ppl who are interested...

if you are interested:

on the
    irc.phishy.net

or

irc.irishwan.org

Mirc server(s) goto channel
    #irishwan
    and
    #galwaywan

hopefully by tomorrow there should be a
    galway.irishwan.org page up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

This sounds deadly. I wanna get involved, dont have cash for buying equipment, but I wanna be involved coz this is so cool and deadly and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'm interested!

ATM, I don't even have a home net connection in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

what the hell i'm not doing anything so i'm in.I'm sick of my 56k right now i feel like taking it out and hitting at my wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Count me in. 56k sux, as we all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

is anyone here from the north of the county?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

right,

It appears to be coming together nicely now.

We shall be having a meeting this weekend to sort out ppls placemnt in the community aswell as general cost involved and other such things.

I was thinking maybe saturday in some restaraunt or else clan net games (as not all of us have ID's saying that we are over 18 ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

what time you want to meet in clan/restaurant?
    before the drinking hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Acous,

I'm in Cahirlistane, you don't get much further north. :)

Not all pubs have bouncers running after people looking for ID's!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Right I'm interested

leaving in Athenry

In USA at the moment but back on 22nd

I'd be interested in helping in anyway (hardware/software/eqp purchase etc)

keep me informed
    murrye@indigo.ie

has anyone approached Galway county council they have applied for a grant to build broadband along the west coast.

They might be able to help!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I wont be at the meeting as im not in Galway for a week or two

Soz, Was out last night...

ok. how about a meeting in.... ok, lets meet in clan.. we can goto some Café to talk. Could some1 bring an ordinance survey map?
    any1 who cant come E-Mail me with you details doodee@iol.ie
    Say.... 6:30/7:00pm in clan-video and we can decide to go from there.

Sorry Wasn't able to make it in ?
    ill try to be in sun night , if your around come talk to me

So no1 turned up...... not a very good start to the Galway wan ...

Rescheduling the Meeting and different venue as I'm not gonna go all the way into town just to be fobbed offf again.

Monday evening 5PM at the ANNO SANTO HOTEL (Threadneedle Rd Salthill ....across from Galway lawn tennis club)

If we can get this sorted soon enough then we could have broadband wivin next few weeks.
    Getting pricelists.. have one atm but gonna get another few just to get cheapest prices.

Also if this does take off I might donate a server to the WAN for D/L'n files which the majority of the wan would need/want so as to benifit bandwidth (I.E if the server D/l's it then no1 has to use up broadband D/l'n it, just transfer it from server)

Email me if you cant come and send details as follows:
    Name
    Nick
    Address
    Mobile No/Regular No
    Email
    Lickly hood of getting this service if made availible I.E how soon u can sign up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

JP, that's a silly time for a meeting as most of us wouldn't be finished work till closer to 6.

Make it 8pm some night this week (maybe Wednesday) and we can all attend.

Have to agree with Kharn , dont finish work in big smoke ,till 5:30/6 , Will meet any other time

JP,

Yeah, it might be an idea to delay that meeting for an hour or two more. If I can get home from college on time I'll make the 3 minute walk down to the Anno.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Lads, i don't have a net conn at home remember!? So it's no use texting me 20mins before a meeting and telling me to attend!

Couldn't make the one in Lanfest and ran out of credit after texting Syxpac, but if the next one is at Wednsday after 6 like Kharn said then i'll have no problem - It'd be great because we can all get pisshed and have a good hard laugh at midgets having sex over the WAN!

Please text me when a definate date is decided, because I wont be able to keep check of these things, ta thx gg...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'll be around. Can't get rat-arsed though. have a maths-Physics test this thursday morning. :(

Can't make Wednesday still in USA.

but heres the contact details
    Eamonn Murray
    murraye@indigo.removeme.ie
    Nick: Armitage

can someone add me to the list and keep me informed please?

thanks

• Advertisement

Cant make wednesday still not in Galway!

What about just postponing it till next week so?
    Having it tomorrow evening is a bit short notice in fairness.
    Wedensday the 27th so?
    Or someoe else suggest a date.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Well any day except a weekend day is grand by me (So long as it's not a friday, they're awkward them damn friday type days grrrr) so whatever week it is make sure you gimmeh a text the day before - I don't have the pleasure of constant boards browsing, so I can't check the updates as often as I'd like...

Sheesh, Im an awkward tit aren't I!?

a tit, yes.
    Awkward.....only sometimes :)

Right...past two meetings had... 0 attendance.

so...

Galwaywan 3rd attempt meeting is on :

Saturday 2nd March @ 4pm
    in
    Moca Beans accross from the Corn store in town.

I'll be the guy sipping the Latté wiv the blue folder and maps...

plz have a full attendance or I wont bother me arse to get cheap equip and general setting up..
    and ffs if u cant come E-Mail me : doodee@iol.ie

Now... a weeks notice

Excellent ill be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Just a little note, but most people will be looking at irishwan, and you don't seem to have posted it there at all... :)

Doodee,

I'm really interested but I can't make it on Saturday.

Moving house.

sorry but keep me informed pls

eamonn

Sure, aint a prob , aslong as we get enough of a turnout then i dont mind, fact is that I'm not gonna bother unless it looks like we have enough to make it be affordable. also, whats gonna be discussed is do we want to rent our own lease line and make a node???

• Advertisement

Gimme a ring tomorrow doodee and wake me up :) and where is mocha? or are we having it in a pub ;)

Advertisement