Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Board suggestion

• 10-02-2002 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

How about a 'gigs' board?

The board would post when bands, or shows are comming to Ireland, where to get tickets and how much, where the bands are playing and people not using tickets can sell on that board too (classifieds board i know - but to round it down a bit)...

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Don't think there's really a demand for such a board personnally :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe that could go under the music board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

a lot of that already goes on in Phantom and Music/Radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It strikes me now and again that very few women are part of the board.ie experience, unless they'll all keeping a very low profile.

So perhaps a few forums which might have specific appeal to them might be in order, before I get jumped on I don't mean
    home economics and the like, maybe issues like feminisim, single parenting, equality and so on. Yes, I realise they could all be part of exisiting forums but since I've been here (last summer) such issues have never come up as far as I can tell. The womans perpective is noticibly lacking.

Worth a shot, or I am being too PC or too old fashioned?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

if women want special treatment then you can give up your right to vote :P

j/k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by mike65
    It strikes me now and again that very few women are part of the board.ie experience, unless they'll all keeping a very low profile.

In general we dont walk about with a big sign saying "FEMALE! you can use BOOBS* over here" :P
    Originally posted by mike65

So perhaps a few forums which might have specific appeal to them might be in order, before I get jumped on I don't mean
    home economics and the like, maybe issues like feminisim, single parenting, equality and so on. Yes, I realise they could all be part of exisiting forums but since I've been here (last summer) such issues have never come up as far as I can tell. The womans perpective is noticibly lacking.

There is only so much you can say on feminism, and well an "equalism" board would go down much better matey :P (hehe)

You want a women's perspective then ask a question :) and then dont assume it's just men/boys who have answered!

A bit toooo PC if you ask me :)

<< Fio >>

* BOOBS = Beginners Object Orientated Basic Systems :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I made a request for a 'Social Events' board a while back, but it was shot down :/ Would be handy, but I suppose most topics relevant to such a board could also be posted under 'Music / Radio' or 'Humanities'.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Social Events might be good...
    people looking for an idea for going out that night.
    Thats what After Hours was supposed to be (originally :) ).

Did I shoot it down? I hate it when I contradict myself, its the only argument I cant win.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Social events board sounds like a great idea I heartily endors this product/service
    In general we dont walk about with a big sign saying "FEMALE! you can use BOOBS* over here" :P

Huh! news to me!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

"Hey! If Women get their own board, I think men should too."

:rolleyes:

How many women are on boards...exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Men do have thier own boards, all the ones that attract
    propellerheads! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Kyro
    How many women are on boards...exactly?

There are quite a few, although I think very few openly advertise the fact. You can tell from thier profile or just how they write.

The female math geeks scare me though. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Still people make posts on the music board... when we can have a gigs board? its only fair, its a part of music just as Counter-Strike was of half-life...

reD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

heh, boobs.

I heartily endorse the idea of a Social Events board to discuss non-lan related piss-ups and the like. Suggestion for it's name:
    Monster Raving Loony Parties. It's a winner. Mocks sense, make me mod, etc.

Oh Aeasisl you're still not funny.

How about instead of asking for a board...

1. Post the gig to a particular forum that it relates to. Eg. Lan Match, Pub, Music.

2. Post a Calender entry and link to the post like so.

btw, who is the moderator of the Calender?

Let it happen, it will work!

**cough** my board suggestion :P **cough**

/me is tha mod0r (with amp by my side :))

reD.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ConUladh

Events board sounds good, if people just want ideas and to know generally what's on then they're not going to trawl through specific forums that they've no interest in otherwise

Bringing in the sheeeeeep, BRINGING IN THE SHEEEEEPP!

When do we know about the board?

reD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Hobbes

There are quite a few, although I think very few openly advertise the fact. You can tell from thier profile or just how they write.

Why would we want to openly advertise the fact?

Yeah female posts tend not to have "CHEATAR SCUM!" in them....
    Originally posted by Hobbes

The female math geeks scare me though. :p

whats wrong with female math geeks? :P

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

amazing the way some mentions the smaller number of women on boards and suddenly it all goes down hill and completely off topic.

Very very small number of the female posters actually play games so they can't shout cheater scum unless they do ... and fact is the majority of male members don't shout it out anyway it's a small group of muppets that does that *Cough* CS board *cough*

back on topic ... Events board is good idea but think it would go under music ... if anybody wanted to post such that would go under music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

yea The female math geeks scare me to, they can tell the difference betwen 5" and 9" ;) or in Hobbes 1" and 2"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

why not take the "music/radio" out of the "After Hours" section and change the "free radio" section into a "music/radio" section with the following boards: music/radio, gigs/events, phantom fm, xfm, Mad radio, the Frames*

* though maybe this board should be removed as it doesn't seem to be used

And why is the Mac forum not in the technology list?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Good ideas Monkey. The mac forum seems to be taking off so I think I'll move it as per your suggestion.

The radio stuff I'll have a long hard think about, its a good idea but I just want to think a little more on it.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Mac board moved (haha DeV). Does anyone use the Frames board?

ngggggh its like working with robocop :)

Nah the Frames board is dead afaik, they decided not to switch over.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

heh, pld lads. thanks:)

edit: Can i change my title to "Mac Daddy" or "Daddy Mac"? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Okay so, moved old Frames posts to Music / Radio.

J.
    --

is this going to happen ?

• Advertisement

doesnt look like it - even mods can go completly off the topic...
    Go figure.

reD.

thanks for the time lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Any chance of a 'whats wrong with Leitrim' board?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can we have a 'i want to suggest a board' board

can i be moderator?

Originally posted by red_ice
    doesnt look like it - even mods can go completly off the topic...
    Go figure.

reD.

thanks for the time lads.

Um, If you were referring to the re-arrangement, it has happened already, if you're referring to the "ladies" forum I havent seen a compelling reason to alter anything but I'm still open to suggestions.

WWMan, Admin or Suggestions fit that bill, and no, you cant be mod.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hey wwm, my version of your sig is better

Ahem is was referring to this : "why not take the "music/radio" out of the "After Hours" section and change the "free radio" section into a "music/radio" section with the following boards: music/radio, gigs/events, phantom fm, xfm, Mad radio"

or even just to the introduction of a gigs forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement