Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Game Shows

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I'd like to point out in case you haven't guessed that the picture in question WAS faked.

Admittedly, the original was pretty damn incriminating in its own way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ACE OwNz J0oO!!

You can still see cybernet on saturdays at about 3 in the morning, its pretty good :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I spent a couple of weeks in Germany last year. It was heaven. Every night at about 1am a show called Giga.de comes on. I think it was on for 2-3 hours per night. In-depth reviews, lots of actual gameplay and interviews with the programmers. Lots of nice girlies also ;-). In German, obviously. Maybe TG4 will bring it over.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ugh, cybernet sucks mule juice..

watching them "play" an extreme sports title is almost painful, 5 minutes of 180 degree air tricks and crappy grinds that always end in a bail.
    you'd think they would hire a serious gamer to play the games for them:confused:
    and the commentator is so fkn annoying:mad:

themb bandits was pretty good a couple of years back (back when serious sam 1 came out)
    only ever saw 2 episodes of it tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

its not nearly as ****e as bits was. gamesmaster was and still is the king.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Just in case anyone is still on a mission to get a copy of Rob appearing on The Den, it was definitely December 1998. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Does anyone remember the Games Mistress on Sky1??
    She was Hot (she was one of the original gladiators from ITV),
    What was the name of that show again??
    Used to be on twice a week at about 7pm.
    HeHe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

for the digis out ther. thers Gamezville on sky one mix
    hour long on every weekday. its not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone ever seen lan jam on 1tv? omg what a piece of tripe, two london kids thiz game iez wekied! and sh1t like that, bring back the bits girls. gamesmaster will always have a place in my heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll agree there weemcd, Bits was probably the only decent games show around in recent years. And some nice eye-candy I might add.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭bishop brennan

YES IT'S HIM!
    The annoying little boy who patronised all the other kids on Saturday morning television!"KEVO"
    Didnt he used to wear a boiler suit on some network 2 show recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

Gamesmaster & Bits where great game shows, the best thing about them was that they didn't just show the cinamatic intors but the actual gameplay which is very important. Theres a new game tv show running on sky at moment but its a real dissappointment & rips off gamesmaster as tehy have a gamesguru.....how sad kinda like every show on sky apart from the greats which they normally monopolies & overplay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

Gamesville on sky one is good enough, but the two presenters get so annoying after about..5 minutes. The face off thing is good, wudnt mind playing in it.
    also do u remeber on gamesmaster, if you won the competition you got a golden joystick, that was sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Christ!
    I think that Gamezville with TweedleDumb and TweedleDumber is just about the worst thing on tv.
    Its sooooooo painful to watch.

Its trying to be all cool and stuff, but it just comes off looking like a bad Sky News hour to me...

Stick TNG on instead, Wooo!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

its not that bad, at least they show game footage a lot, and am i the only one who has a thing for the blond presenter?

the things i remember about games master:a bit short, too much cheering, good presenter, good idea having old patrick moore as the games master (games guru is a cheap rip off), nice golden joystick, good tournaments, and changing scenary

i can remember watching a really bad games show on sky1 too with a character called big boy barry

and i can remember bits too, 3 girls with no clue about games showing some clevage between games footage, really excellent show

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by l3rian
    its not that bad, at least they show game footage a lot, and am i the only one who has a thing for the blond presenter?

no i think DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz
    does too. I havent watched that gamezvillllllllleeeeeeeee ****e in ages and i think its best not going on about how crap it is on this thread. theres been 2 threads about how crap its is with 100's of posts each. (i started one myself ww) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭halkar

Game Pad 4 on Bravo, Tuesdays & Fridays at 7pm if you have the $ky digi, it only runs for 30 minutes but still not bad to watch if you have nothing better to do. :D Check it out at Bravo site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

*cough*cough*had lettersprintedinG4*cough*

Bits wasn't fantastic, but it was still the best games show since Gamesmaster. They showed enough actual gameplay not played by some sort of handicapped monkey to keep me happy, and even if the girls knew sod all about gaming at least they made an effort to pretend, which is a lost art in games shows. The blue haired American (Alex? Aleks?) seemed to at least know what she was saying most of the time...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Gamepad is very good actually... too bad they only make about 6 episodes a year which they show over and over again until they become completely out of date.

I remember that Big Boy Barry Show. Wasn't there some nerdy bloke on that show too.. he was a great character and was genuinely disturbing.

Gamezville is horrible.. do they really have to say "my friend" at the end of every ruddy sentance... sheesh...

But I want a signed photo of Games Guru to hang in my office.

(Gamezville is made by the same company that made Gamesmaster by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I just *sniff*...I just want Gamesmaster back...

• Advertisement
Advertisement