Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn Ta

Options
  • 10-02-2002 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I contemplated gettin IDSN installed about a month ago, but changed my mind when i moved to England and now im home again. Eircom sent out the ISDN TA and a guy called to enquire how far i was from the local exchange. But we cancelled after that. Eircom said they would send me an S.A.E to send back the terminal adapter, but they still havent, this has been a month or 2 now :) is there any use i can make of it?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was going to move this to Nets/Comms, but I guess it's appropriate here. I guess the first question to ask is whether you paid for the TA. When I signed up for ISDN, you had to pay for the TA (I bought my own), so if you paid for it, I would assume that it's your property, and you can do what you want with it. If you didn't pay for it, I suppose it's Eircom's and you shouldn't really use it. So did you pay for it?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

they said they'd charge everything onto our first bill, like cost of the adapter, one months rental in advance, but since we cancelled it, they still sent the adapter anyway. i called them about it and they said, ok we'll send out a special envelope for u to send it back to us, but they never did. So it looks like..ok, anyone want a stolen isdn ta? :p

I guess i should send it back, or bin it hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emmet

I would notify them of your intention to begin charging them for storage of their property (the TA) at the rate of, say, £1 per day if they don't collect it within, say, 28 days. They will arrange for its collection.

If they don't, then invoice them at the end of every month for storage of the TA. If they ignore you, you just keep sending them those invoices.

If they ever come looking for the TA, tell them that it will only be surrendered after they have paid their storage bill. :o)

IANAL, but it seems like a perfectly reasonable course of action to me.

Emmet.

haha sounds good, whatacha gonna do to get ur TA back eh Eircom? hehe. I'll post it back to head office in little pieces :p I'll send 2 invoices a week or maybe 3. I'll tell them i'll gladly take any hardware off their hands that they want to give out for free :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The same happened with our phone. Their "special envelope" never came. Now we have two phones :P

Give them a few more days...If its a PCI one then ill give you €30 for it :)

hehe its an external yoke :) mite as well take some money back they've robbed off so many, seems fair enuf to me :D

Advertisement