Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone seen..

Options
  • 10-02-2002 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

any €500 or €100 notes cause i havent.
    I took out €100 euros last week and i didnt get a €100note.
    Peoples currency my arse!!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

They're haven't been printed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've seen the hundred!

Some goon came in, used the net for about 20mins, €2.60 says I and he hands me a €100 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by OJ
    They're haven't been printed yet.

That's wrong.

There's plenty of €100's in circulation at the moment. I think I remember reading that there's about 7,000 €500 notes in circulation in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I should get some soon when I sell my car for cash :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

we got one in in the shop i work in, but i only work saturdays and it was lodged before i got to see it....ahhh so close :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

If seen a few €100
    and
    1 €500 (they are huge)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Rebel18
    any €500 or €100 notes cause i havent. I took out €100 euros last week and i didnt get a €100note.
    You will rarely only get one note (unless you ask for €5). The idea is to provide a reasonable spread of notes. It's no use for everyone to go to the pub with €100 notes only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

There's alot of Italian coins going around. I dunno if this is true but i heard that in ireland only irish coins will be accepted. So check the back of your coins today! (tm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by sjones
    There's alot of Italian coins going around. I dunno if this is true but i heard that in ireland only irish coins will be accepted. So check the back of your coins today! (tm)

Not True.

The money can be used in all €uro countrys......

You are wrong, all the coins and all the notes are valid in all the countries.

• Advertisement

I was saying sjones was wrong, not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ok, that's a relief then. Thanks folks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

I think I was also right......

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hehe I'd love to know who's spreading rumours like this around :rolleyes: Why else would we have changed to the euro?!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 franco

Apperently the goldy middle part comes away from the silver rim when the euro is frozen over night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

Originally posted by Stephen

That's wrong.

There's plenty of €100's in circulation at the moment. I think I remember reading that there's about 7,000 €500 notes in circulation in Ireland.

That's very few €500s. It was touted as the note of choice for smuggling large quantities of dosh in aluminium briefcases. Might manage a half-a-briefcase out of 7000 notes.

Incidentally, I changed a fistful of dollars at a forex in Dublin in January. Got a €500 and a bunch of €100s, no problem.

Advertisement