Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise add music

Options
  • 11-02-2002 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

top100.jpg

No. 8 - The Calling - Wherever you will go

Can you say AWE YEAH BABY!!!!

AWE YEAH!!!!!

EAT IT :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You're a strange strange little man :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

you have to admit the song is good in whatever genre of music it exists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

hmm thats not the song, its where my heart will take me by russel watson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

That's the theme tune, but before that was decided on (opera singer vs. orchestral debate) they were using that "The Calling" track - FWIW, I preferred it...

Gadget

sorry i dont follow,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The add for star trek every where had the song Wherever you will go by the Calling

Boston:

Before Enterprise actually released, Paramount released a number of teaser trailers; Sky One have been showing them on and off as some of the stuff in them still hasn't cropped up yet in the episodes broadcast to date. As, at the time, it was the only source of any related material, I sourced this stuff; quite a number of them featured this "Wherever You Will Go" by an American band called "The Calling" (http://www.thecallingband.com/ - the photo on the home page looks like they were formed from a merger between the Backstreet Boys and Hanson :eek: ) as their background music, and, it seems, that a number of people quite liked it.

Now, as you probably know, all of the Trek series (and movies) have had orchestral themes (with the exception of the truly weird wailing banshee at the start of TOS), and when people saw that the promos were featuring relatively "modern" sounding music, people were wondering whether the Paramount were going to break with "tradition" and not use an orchestral theme tune. Apparently, this debate was actually ongoing for a while, both within Paramount and without (on the web, etc.), and it seems that as a compromise gesture they drafted in this Russell Watson character (English opera-type singer - http://www.russellwatson.com/index.phtml) to record a "stirring" theme tune - this is the "Faith Of The Heart" we hear at the beginning of each episode.

Now a lot of people liked the original song and thought it would make good theme music; personally, while I liked the song, I didn't think it would suit as Trek theme tune material. This "Faith Of The Heart" thing is finally starting to grow on me, methinks...

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

o those, i never paid much attention, ill go download the song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

What track is in the ad's that sky 1 continually show for enterprise?
    (sounds like green day)

Originally posted by Celt
    What track is in the ad's that sky 1 continually show for enterprise?
    (sounds like green day)

It is Green Day, but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the track; I knew it when I hit the "quote" button, honest... :rolleyes:

[edit]Ahar, [insert deity here] bless Google! :D

It's called "Waiting", and it's off the 2000 album "Warning", AFAIK...[/edit]

Gadget

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

"in the end" by linkin park is *still*in the bloody charts?
    jeesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

What was the other song sky were using ? Before the greenday one.

I downloaded that calling song (thinking that was it) and ive never heard it before.. on an add or otherwise.

Originally posted by Xithus
    What was the other song sky were using ? Before the greenday one.

I downloaded that calling song (thinking that was it) and ive never heard it before.. on an add or otherwise.

Err... they used an Orbital track - I think it was "Belfast" - it starts with an opera-type singer, but is otherwise all instrumental, if we're thinking about the same track - on the earlier long "Sky Fi" advert with the quick shot of Cmdr. Matheson from Crusade that we (esp. Fidelis) then thought was a mistake but turned out to be a bit of a portent (Crusade was shown late at night during January).

Cracking little tune...

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Nice one Gadget, I'd been wondering what that tune was. Just downloaded it, great track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sav112

the sky one add music for the last show is Athelete- Half light :D

Advertisement