Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobiles: Choice'd be a fine thing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I noticed that last wednesday (here in kilkenny), Esat went down for a few hours around 9-11pm. When I went to reselect the network on me phone, the choices were DIGIFONE, EIRCELL and IRL 03. I'm guessing 03 is meteor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I heard that since Eircell is selling off
    that Eircom shares supposed to rise up ? confused.gif

:Oj:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

I hate to be rotton, but the lower Eircoms shares go the better..... More chance they'll be bought and the monopoly from hell will be destroyed.....

--Chris--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Esat has been dodgy for me lately... particularly on especially busy days - like today and a couple of Saturday's ago, for example... network was just basically inaccessible for outgoing calls... t'was annoying... obviously enough, it was maxed out with the amount of calls that were being processed... but... well... bloody 'ell... I look forward to a bit more competition smile.gif

bard2.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

[Self-confessed fan of Digifone]

Digifone are upgrading their network at the moment. Digifone. Just Digifone.

So are Meteor, but that's just because they haven't got a network to speak of.

So it's just Digifone. And Meteor.

[I'll rephrase - I'm a self-confessed hater of Eircon. Fsck Eircon]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

Digifone do routine network upgrades after 6PM on Fridays so you might get spotty coverage during a two hour window -- when you should be in the pub anyway. Part of the network coverage is for GPRS.

I was using an Eircell SIM two weeks ago in Dublin with a Nokiacardphone and it gave me 40kbps incoming data speed -- that looks good for the new year.

[This message has been edited by topgold (edited 24-12-2000).]

Advertisement