Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Father Ted - Who's the funniest?

• 11-02-2002 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭

While I'm in a poll posting mood :)

Who = the funny? 83 votes

Father Ted
    0% 0 votes
    Father Jack
    12% 10 votes
    Father Dougle
    20% 17 votes
    Mrs. Doyle
    27% 23 votes
    Bishop Brennan
    3% 3 votes
    Father Larry Duff
    7% 6 votes
    Tom (the shaven head guy with the 'I shot JR' Tshirt)
    6% 5 votes
    Those shower of wasters over on Craggy Island
    16% 14 votes
    Other / Once-off guest appearances...
    2% 2 votes
    Dunno / can't be ársed / Atari Jaguar
    3% 3 votes

Comments

Tom stops at the post office, runs in with a gun...two minutes later, out he runs with the alarm going off...

"It's ok Father, tis my money , i just didn't want to fill out the forms!"

CLASSIC!! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Mrs. Doyle: Will you have some cake Father ?

Father Ted: No, I'm fine for cake Mrs. Doyle.

Mrs. Doyle: Ah go on Father, there's cocaine in it.

Father Ted: WHAT ?

Mrs. Doyle: Oh no, what am I on about, I meant, em, raisins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Dougal: " I brought the Travel Scrabble for while we are travelling and the normal scrabble for when we arrived"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

Its between Father Jack and Father Dougal but I think Jack is just that bit funnier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 thereal_unsane

father ted? father dead more like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Father Jack by a long way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Has to be Father Jack for his sarcasm bit, "i'm soooo, soooo sorrrryyyy" :D that and his day dreams " Father Jack has decided to take you for volley ball and thinks its too hot for sweaters. OR you'll burn in hell! :)

Dougle gets an honourable mentionf or ridin the old people at that fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭MelKor

Ah ted.....ah..im in tremendous pain here ted,

Dougle.. ah.. (look around in a nervous/curious/psycopathic way) ROCKS!:D

oh and the real_unsane, was that supposed to be funny? cuz it wasnt :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

tis one of the best comedy's ever made,so many classic bits in it,i thought graham norton was funny in it,especally tha one when there all in the caravan dancing
    or another bit i couldnt stop laughing at when there in the house and they say sumthin to father jack and the camera cuts to him with his middle finger sticking up and sum mad face on him... classic!
    or when bishop brennan finds out ted did kick him up the arse,ted wakes up the the sound of brennan shouting "CRILLY" and looks out the window to see him storming down with his cape around 5 feet wide!.. ah more classic moments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Fr. Dougal was the funniest... obviously.
    Originally posted by thereal_unsane
    father ted? father dead more like.

twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

graham norton in the 'very dark cave'. - classic.

also bard, your right he is a twat. complete moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

father ted is the Man. He the funniest out of the lot of them. he was pure genius!!B00005LOKA.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpgtitlet.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

The €uro vision, entry with My lovely Horse (Dream Version)

That was funny

Or the Golden Clairic award

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Father Jack gets dragged into AA meeting. Afterwards he's passing a pub and the AA guy with him says something like "I won't let you go in there, Jack"

Cut to ambulance screeching thru traffic.

Damn near nearly wet myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

What about when Mrs Doyle and another Lady were having tea and they both wanted to pay the £1.86 and they recked the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Ah yes the Milk Man with his big Tool !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Its hard to pinpoint one character but if pushed id say Dougal.Hes just such a retard!The best thing about Fr Ted was the way that it took the piss out of Ireland in ways the lads back home would piss themselves over but would pass the Brits.Think-how many funfairs have you been to that are faintly reminiscent to the 1 in the first episode[e.g crap rides,closed rides,lethally bad maintained rides,etc].Everywhere in Ireland has a local like Tom-a friendly guy but a headcase if you get him angry.The piss take of the rural elderly and their comical obsession with religion.The gallons of tea culture[cant even stand the stuff myself].The Ill pay for this whole area.The list could go on all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Douglie is my flatmate, funny on TV yes but in real life .... shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tom for definite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Glitz

Originally posted by smak
    graham norton in the 'very dark cave'. - classic.

id hav ta agree with you on that one! very funny altogether! its one you could watch again and again and .......!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭][Spoof Jesus][

Did anybody spot Don Wycherly in the episode with the soccer team...Don Wycherly is the guy from Bachelors Walk (best program on tv for a long time) who fell in love with the woman...

OH yeah and Ted is the funniest...Dougal is just stupid...and not stupidly funny...just stupid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

My favourite cameo is Father Brian Eno - he doesn't say a word, but just the fact that they stuck him in there sums up the surreal genius of Linehan/Matthews.

Advertisement