Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can we have a witch hunt??

• 11-02-2002 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭

The posts by some people in the cs forum have been not on, with like 6-8 topics by '{{outlaw}}' having to be locked. Can these people be given a serious sorting out, because having their threads locked all the time doesnt seem to be working.

Dev, can you have a look at this and be all Judge Dread on them "Judge, Jury, Executioner". I rarely visit, let alone post on the cs forum anymore, because whenever i go there, there is so much ****e thats there hardly ever a topic worth replying to. Im sure others have this problem too.

Also pld, Mills, Shinji and Meglome, for keeping a stern eye on these muppets and locking threads etc...

Thank you for your time.

- smoke-me-a-kipper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Can you impliment a special "ignore amp" feature, i tryed but it won't let me :p

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Don't get me started on that goddamn board...

I used to be the same as all those silly little bodkins, but I saw the light and was converted into a "**** off you Goblin sucking chimp, Im sick of your immature little spammy shugar threads and muppetry, Im off to rant like a little sexually depraved llama about how bad life really is..."

That Board has pointed me to one solid conclusion in life, and I've said this before... No matter how sad, pathetic, annoying or cúntish you are, there is always someone out there far worse off than yourself...

That Board has spouted the worst trollop this Forum has ever seen... It is the Board that has been complained about the most, the most commonly abused Board on this site, and yet it remains the most utilised and popular one you'll find!

I can bitch about it all day, but you still have to respect the fact that no matter what we say, it's raking in a vast portion of the Boards.ie browsers...

SMAK, Im in the same boat - When I first signed up to Boards, I couldn't be bothered to explore the site - I mainly stayed in the CS Forum and confided in all the other CS Players about things such as awful Pings, Weapon Preferances and the likes, and sometimes offered the odd bit of constructive criticism and / or a bit of muppetry and flaming - But now that I've taken two HUGE steps back, I've noticed how bloody awful that heathen place actually is... I check on what topics are being discussed, but I very rarely post there anymore, seeing as I usually only recieve severe abuse...

If it was up to me, I'd nuke the thing, but that'd wipe a large portion of Boards.ie browsers off the chart. Can't have that, can we!?

And of course, I blame AMP! I mean, his gingerly cheese karma has a habit of drawing in Ignorance to this glorious Forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

the amount of idiotic threads in the last ten days warrents slaps, a least they are all being clamped....serious posting should start again in that board for it may never slip out of muppetry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ha, Dev, aka Judge Judy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe 1.4 will re-kindle some sort of proper topics.

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I remember the famous "LETS HAVE TEAR GAS / THROWING KNIVES / FLAME THROWERS / ROCKET or GREN LAUNCHERS IN CS!"

I sat for days fighting against all those evil CS'ers whilst stuck in a very cramped corner... Despite my valid points and efforts of explaining why such things would be completely ridiculous in CS, you can't beat a good old united five hundred and fifty eight posts against you, all saying "But they would be so ****ing l33t in CS!!!"

Bd Vibes I tell you, bad vibes... of course, there were some good memories - Some of the pointless flames and bitching in the past was actually funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

To be totally honest, I kinda miss #4. He was always fun :D
    Nah the problem is that CS is kinda dieing, in the fun sense of the game.
    Most of the regulars that used to post here have either given up CS or started playing "proper" clan CS, and dont see the point in checking the boards here.
    Hopefully 1.4 will bring those people back, espically when theres gona be a big old debate on the whole jumping issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

if about ten of us made an effort to put up new and credible threads and posts then maybe those muppets would post else where?

Your right there Fub - But to be perfectly honest the upcoming 1.4 patch will, more than likely, spark off more outbreaks, seeing as all the new hype of the game will be discussed, new debates will be spammed and past topics will be repeated...

One can hope, though...

SearrarD, it's been tried and tested...
    I may be bashing the CS Board, but I cant deny the fact that you will find the odd person there who actually has a degree of maturity and also has the ability to post a good, intelligent thread (Although these people are a dying race, and those who do take the time to post a good, intelligent thread will most likely find that thread full of immense sadness and bullcrud within an hour or two)

The future of the CS Board has been discussed here many times before, up to a point were I couldn't give a flying Fork about what happens to it... If it gets magically cured sometime in the future, I'll gladly visit and join in the CS Conversation, but until then that board can suck my big yellow gerkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

devoreintervention.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41549 i linked a few(and i only mean a few) of the complete shíte that has been posted over the last ten days. Plz kick ban mame these muppets! I beg of you. Dino wasnt even half as bad as these n00bs!

Ah the days of #4. You've gotten me all nostalgic now phb. Those were the days when #4 argued with absolutely everyone but he did it in a fun way so it was all good

[edit] Can there be another "jonsey lives here thread" but with castaway and outlaw??? Please! It would make so many people so happy. Please Mr.Devore sir PLEASE?[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Indeed, the people who made CS board interesting are for the most part non-posters there anymore, people like serb, snaggle, quozl and blam :/

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

i agree with smak, the spamming and muppetry in there is unmercyful, it seems to be an epidemic!!!

All I can say here is that nothing will be done (Of course thats MY opinion) so unless your only bitching to let off steam, don't bother posting stuff...

Im sure this thread will get the cold shoulder, as many other CS Board related threads have...

Infact, we should have a little test game - Going by what PHB said, we should get a few valid and thoughtful threads going on the CS Board and just see if it gets infected by ****... Cmon, it'd be better than sitting down behind a keyboard and exhuming all the ****e we've said about the board before...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

hunting...

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Outlaw is from here:

Cork Institute of Technology
    Bishopstown, Cork
    IE

Netname: RTC-CORK
    Netblock: 157.190.0.0 - 157.190.255.255

Any further messin from CIT will result in me contacting:

Coordinator:
    McDonald, Aidan (AM244-ARIN) (contact details supplied)

in a REALLY inventive way.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

pld dev nice too see you have a nose for tracking. But seriously its really bad when you have to come to boards and see peeps spamming your favourite board. like its just not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

yep, thats the correct address alrite, as i sit here in my CIT lab.

nice sniffing devore :)

Advertisement