Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet not workin in win2k

• 27-12-2000 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Once i connect to esat, i can't do anything, it wont connect to irc or load webpages, But when i run win98 no problem at all. The only thing i remember doing was installing some critcal update thing off microsofts website, now i can't use the internet at all in win2k. Any ideas on what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

I installed 128bit encryption aswell, if that has anything to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

You can delete this message, it was my firewall preventing me from acessing anything smile.gif,i have it in win98 aswell but neway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vincent:
    I installed 128bit encryption aswell, if that has anything to do with it.</font>

The US no longer has export laws on 128bit so shouldn't effect you in the slightest. Just don't expect it to keep your stuff private. smile.gif

Advertisement