Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear AtX pc Case

Options
  • 11-02-2002 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've seen a fe different ones, and I have to say I've not seen one I liked yet.
    A window isn't too bad cos it'll show off your l33t cooling sytem, but I don't want people seeing the rough and ready bits of my drive casings and messy cabling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

All-plastic cases would suffer from dramatic RFI (interference) problems; more accurately, anything else near an all-plastic-cased PC would suffer from RFI problems - radios, mobile phones, TVs, anything like that. Plus, they're an electrical hazard as the cases aren't earthed.

(Before anyone says this, the plastic cases people like Dell sell have foil inserts to suppress RFI - it's called a "Faraday Cage")

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, those horrible ikkle foiley case linings...urrrgh I hate them :(

What's wrong with a good sturdy steel or aluminum case? Copper even :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If they really want to make a decent clear case. they should add a shiny metal frame inside. Not only would that improve the earthing and help with the RFI problem, but if it was done properly it might look pretty good.

I'd far prefer a proper metal case anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

/me fluffles his rather large full tower steal case

easier to mod even though it looks dull :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

id prefer to paint my hooooge case black than have it see thru, i mean imagine having a pc spec like this

1ghz amd
    512mb ram
    geforce 3

and letting people see it??!!!!????

talk about temptation

Advertisement