Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling...

Options
  • 11-02-2002 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

...Links

I wonder if any of you guys could help me ? I'm looking for a way to pull links out of a web page - extract them if you will, not delete them from the page, just to give me a list of links from a page without having to read through the whole thing.

There's a little plug in you can get to extract images through IE - right click, linked images & it pops a new page that shows all the linked images in the page

Is there anything similiar for links ?

TNX in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

as far as i can remember there is actually an update for that pluggin which does exactly what u are looking for. i got it from microsofts site for ie 5.5 but i am not going to look for it for you as there site is horrible to try and find something but it is on there site somwhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya there is i think its one of those power tools i have it at home somewhere, i'll upload it later if i can find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye jim_bobs right.. right click, links list and then you can save the resulting page as html if you so wish (copy n paste source).

can't remember the update which enabled it, but definitly available on the windows update site.

alternatively if its for some sort of little utility or such use the HTML::LinkExtor package available for Perl (done a wee project a while back to attempt to repair dead links using that :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I forgot i gave a lend of my hard-drive and downloads with it to a friend.

Anyhew ya can get that ie tool here.

For IE4 POWER TOOLS

or

IE5 Web accesiories

They are pretty much the same so i say ya only need to get one of them. Then when ya got them installed all ya gotta do is right click on a webpage and go list links and it opens another pop up window with them all listed.

Gid.

Advertisement