Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Difficult Game Ever+ Easiest Game Ever

Options
  • 11-02-2002 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

That you've played now chaps.
    Easiest here off the top of me head is Half Life:Blue Shift,
    Most Difficult would probaly be.....mmmmmmm... for now Operation Flashpoint:Red Hammer until I think of somthing else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Easiest: Time Crisis II on PS2. I finished it in less than an hour on easy. And it gets easier after you finish each difficulty setting.

Hardest: I dunno, I'd probably give up and go down to the pub if I was stuck on a game for more than 4 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Easiest:MGS
    Hardest:Ecco (especially the sky levels...the pain)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Easiest prob. Solider of Fortune
    and most difficult prob. Myst any of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Easiest: The Bouncer
    Hardest: Baldurs Gate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

easiest: opposing forces, the halflife addon.

most difficult: operation flashpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Eye

easiest game i've played...probably road rash on the good old gameboy, or donkey kong country on the snes

hardest....hmmm possibly zelda for the gameboy, took me about 8 days to finish for some strange reason

pc wise i'd think HL:Blueshift or RTCW as easiest and probably Unreal Tournament as hardest, never did kill that last bugger ;) not played it in ages tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

easiest : Soldier of Fortune

hardest : Commandoes2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Easiest... sod knows.

Hardest... Quite probably Ghosts and Goblins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Easiest: Sonic 1 on the MegaDrive I suppose... or Tekken 3 with Eddy Gordo and two functioning kick buttons.

Hardest: I dunno, there's a tonne of games I didn't finish. Some of the puzzles in the Monkey Island games still give me nightmares though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

easiest....Blue Shift for HL

Hardest...well its between probotector for the snes or Kid Chamealeon for megadrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

easiest: Max Payne.. excellent game but easy and too short
    hardest: Op flashpoint.. still have not completed.. i keep going back to it after a while give up and then back for more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Jet Set Willy for the C64. I dont think anyone has one it.

OPFlash would be the hardest Recent gameI've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I find it hard to believe someone put BG as hardest.

easy: soul calibur
    hard: metropolis street racer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 danbert

Msr, F*ckin eh thats hard!!
    Has anyone ever cleared it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭][Spoof Jesus][

Easiest: Return To Castle Wolfenstein...Delta Force:Land Warrior...

Hardest: Deus Ex...it was very hard...Half Life was very intensive...my brain is fried after those two games...Doom2 was also very hard compared to newer FPS games...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Originally posted by danbert
    Msr, F*ckin eh thats hard!!
    Has anyone ever cleared it?

By the time I was at chapter 20 or something I had enough Kudos to go onto the final chapter, and I cleared that... so yes I have cleared it, just not the 4 or 5 chapters before the last one :)

In terms of easy/hard games, Blue Shift ranks pretty high on the easy list I guess... in terms of hard games, to clear Sonic Adventure 2 in it's entirety - finishing hero/dark/final levels, collecting 100 rings on all levels, finding lost chao on all levels, completing all levels with a timelimit and completing all levels on hard mode - is about the hardest game I can think of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Hardest:
    C64 - Supremacy .. hell I'm still playing that game (PC emulation) and it is tough.

PC - Panzer General 2 (having overrun ALL of Europe incl. Russia and Britain and then attempting to invade the USA. DAMN is that one ludicrously tough).
    PC - A Bridge Too Far (Arnhem sector campaign)

Easiest:

MegaDrive - Urban Strike - 3 hours, 1 go, 1 life lost

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

easiest : Time crisis (any) finished TC2 1st attempt,hadnt used a light gun in 6months beforehand either.

Hardest : doom (origional) anyone ever finished this on nightmare?? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Super Street Fighter Alpha 2, tryin not to lose a round on the hardest level so ya get those fancy endins, not the lame short ones. Or mortal kombat 1 when it first came out finishing it with anyone other than subzero or scorion or raden(but orginally sub-zero) damn that guy with 4arms. looked cool too with its stop-start animation.

Thought gettin gold on some of the gran turismo tests were tough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Recent games, easiest : Max Payne

Hardest : Op Flash - omg i hate it.

And yea Gran Turismo licenses were a bitch, easy with Dual Shock pad though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

easiest-i reckon serious sam

hardest -black and white(dont laugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, I think B&W being difficult was more due to the fact that it was bugridden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by Kyro
    Jet Set Willy for the C64. I dont think anyone has one it.

This game was impossible to complete as there was a bug in the game which meant that you couldn't get to one of the objects that you were collecting due to an invisible wall. Jet Set Willy was the first game to have a "fix" brought out for it. A few lines of POKE codes had to be entered at the command prompt before loading the game. I agree though, besides that little annoyance the game was bastard hard.

Hardest Game: PSI Warrior - C64
    Easiest Game: Full Throttle - PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

easiest, Max Payne, opposing force, tekken3, resident evil3... too many to choose from.

hardest, Wipeout3 on phantom class, or super mario karts final league. (maybe im just crap at racing games)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Easiest:Max Payne (class game to easy),blue shift,Z.O.E,Mgs etc....

Hardest:Megamean 1 (still makes me cry at night),Commandos (YYYYYYYAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!),Thief got difficult later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Easiest: OMF less than 30mins
    Hardest: MKII (only one i couldnt clear)

Advertisement