Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paulo coelho

Options
  • 11-02-2002 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

I recently read the alchemist - highly recommended i have to add - and was wondering which coelho novel to read next. The Alchemist appears to be his most read and famous work, so i'm looking for advice about where to go next...veronica decides to die looks interesting bit i saw someone devouring the fifth mountain on the bus yesterday.....suggestions please????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 danbert

I'd have to be a tad cliched and say "Lord of the Rings" by Tolkien was my favourite book.
    Although "The boy that kicked pigs" was very enjotable also. Anyone ever heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I read Veronica decides to die, it is great.
    The way of the peaceful warrior is also a great book similar in spirituality to The Alchemist by Dan Millman.

Even better than that eclectichoney is the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield, it really is worth a look in if you like that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You could try Robert Anton Wilson or Terence McKenna too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 curiousd

Gordon wrote: »
    I read Veronica decides to die, it is great.
    The way of the peaceful warrior is also a great book similar in spirituality to The Alchemist by Dan Millman.

Even better than that eclectichoney is the Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield, it really is worth a look in if you like that kind of thing.

"The Peaceful Warrior" movie is also great IF you're into this area.
    Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lWuUzpLLUs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 beatricejones

If it's Coelho's works that you were asking about. then I'd say 'Brida' is good. And if you're in the mood for some really deep philosophy, read '11 Minutes'

• Advertisement
Advertisement