Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a "show your latest work" thread!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Currently working on a Monastary, Sewer, City and Chapel cluster of .BSP's for the MOD, and have recently got my grubby mitts on some seriously ownage sounds also...
    Cool, I'm quite into mapping myself... why don't you post up the kind of locations/prefabs/themes you have in mind, and I'll give them a bash... need something to keep me busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

If your referring to monoclastic drake, its meant to be like that. Hence the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

ffs u bitches thrax drake i command you both to fight to the death on the moon and who ever makes it back alive without a spacecraft shall be ruler of idonesia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

no.

i don fight.

well. :D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Ok Santy, your on!

The Monatary is going to be a huge cluster of .bsp's ending with a rather nasty climax, but thats still under the hammer (Only the first section complete - Pics on the way soon)

A theme I need now is a dank, sewer cluster of .bsp's - I started one but I gave up and began the churchy / monastary theme, so i wont have the time to continue the sewers for ages, so if you like making grubby, slimey, dirty and wet sewer maps then give them a go :D

It must start with a big fall into water, though - You gain access to the sewers from a bashed up shaft (With no ladder - ohhhhhhh) and land into the sewers where you have to reach the surface again.

Also, I need an intense lab map done (Lots of .bsp's) but because this is the finally of the MOD, I'd pretty much need to do it myself, or at least half of the maps - So if you like Labs, try that :D

One last thing I need to work on is a beach head, or simply a beach, where you make your way into the Monastary / Old Style Village (Pretty much like Wolfenstein)

So that makes the beach, sewers and labs up for grabs if anyones interested - Oh, and there's also the city map near the start of the mod also if anyones up for that...

Thanks for the help lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

hold on now...
    was bored last night...
    decided to display me talent to the world..., free of charge...
    sh!t, next message...

hold on now.... there.

number 2 coming right up...
    hold on now.... there.

oh, another.. ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Just started makin a map for Counter Srike. This looks crap but I'm tryin to get the basics down first !!! This took me about 3 hours! So hopefully I can work faster next time!!! So far i have a buy zone + spawn points for T's. Gonna start adding detail now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

dont know if it counts :)
    but here is a simple one im finishing at the moment in flash to learn the basics.
    http://www.boards.ie/members/figment/game.htm -100kb
    no loading screen on it yet(so wait till it loads) and im still working on the graphics. I have yet to figure out how to do the high score table so i can keep the scores on line.

And this is an animation test for a more ambitious game i have started :)
    its just a test of the plane controls and animation, all the rest you see is just filler.
    http://www.boards.ie/members/figment/plane-test.htm - 209kb
    i will have the controls working off the keyboard soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

erm... yea well done! and it only took u 4 posts! you deserve your own boards where only you post! and show yourself your excellent work!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Nice1 Figment! :)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Hey kenj - One small tip...

Unless your making a map similar to that one (What was it called, Mice or something) I suggest you scale your map in comparison to the size of the info_player_start/deathmatch entity (They are the actual size of the player model. If you don't, the map will turn out absolutely HUGE and you'll feel like a mere ant.

Judging from the picture and the info entities you placed in that one section/room, it looks like the map is going to turn out rather big. Don't worry, I made the same mistake with my first map de_gravel. Took ages just to run around the place.

If you intend to make the map like that, then please ignore my post. Just trying to be helpful without you going through upsetting compilation proceedures only to find your map totally opposite to what you expected :D

Advertisement