Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New website

• 11-02-2002 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I have launched a website with programming and loads of other things. So go check it out. Please tell me what you think by either signing my guestbook or replying to this message.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭mofu

Sorry, the address is:
    http://www.gamingworlds.s5.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

My mother taught me, if you have nothing nice to say...dont say anything at all....so all I have to say is

Ivan

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

All i'll say in regards to the website is that it looks rather basic at the present moment, and I noticed quite a few of the links goto "Service Unavaliable"

To be blunt, you can't expect people to offer their thoughts on an empty site - If you want to get some really good criticism or get interest going, you'll need something to catch everyones attention when they decide to visit your site.

Things like Alternating colours to spice up the page, something for the person to read (Possibly game reviews), downloadables (Typical Game Editing example would be new custom TFC / CS / HL maps, which you'll find scattered around the www.counter-strike.net forums and on this board also), Pictures and frequently updated news (Which can be a bitch)

Im sure you already plan to have these things on your site at some stage, but my point is at the present state the site is at, no-one can offer a really contructive review...

Keep working on it thought - You might find a few people on this board who might help you spice it up also - It's good to have a few other hands offering things, seeing as you'll get so many new idea's that way...

Good Luck, and to everyone else, go easy on the chap - At least he's offering something new to the Game Editing system...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Not bad at all, execpt for the 7 pop up windows that i hate, good luck anyway hope you get ppl, will look into it again soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Maybe you should use some graphics and maybe some bigger fonts. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

there doesn't really seem to be anything much on any of the pages, and I can't find the "review" section to look at the two rpg's in QBasic you reviewed

Advertisement