Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is post count envy?

• 11-02-2002 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

It's when you think that having lots of posts is worthwhile, without realising that one post with something real to contribute is more valuable.

Personally, I want my post count reduced. I'd like to see the conspiracy theories when a chap with 1 post gets to be a moderator. I'd say people'd storm DeV's hoose.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Funny you should mention the post count / moderator relationship or rather the apparent lack there of, or is there!?

a while someone was lookin to be a mod and cloud said no and the reason given was because the person didn't have enough posts!

I found that rather amusing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

There's no relationship between number of posts and if you're a moderator or not. DeV or his henchmen just pressgang someone they know can do the job, if they've got one post or one million.

I'd hazard a guess that some people _do_ get to be mods just to give them something to do on boards other than post, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

lol didn't work for smak... or indeed myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Didn't work for me either. :D

TBH just ignore the post counts, all it's really good for is spotting possible idiots who post moronic stuff within their first 100 posts or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by zenith
    It's when you think that having lots of posts is worthwhile, without realising that one post with something real to contribute is more valuable.
    What about 4000+ posts with something real to contribute?
    Jealous aren't you?
    Go on admit it - my post count intimidates you doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Eh, nope. Sorry 'bout that. I'm kinda in the writing stuff and getting paid for it business, you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

It is quite possible to be moderator with an UBERCOUNT. If moderating is needed, once it is done in a professional manner, then post count does not matter

and THIS is post count envy

Advertisement