Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wireless Audio Sender Thingy?!?

• 11-02-2002 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Dear fellow gadget phreaks,

I needs to get mp3 audio from my PC in the bedroom to my stereo in the living room, see http://www.x10.com/products/x10_ak11a.htm for an example of what I'm looking for.

Is the one above a heap of shíte? What's the deal with these things in general, worth my while? Anyone know the best, value for money one of these around?

Thanks in advance for yor opinions on this one...

Luc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Well I dunno anything about that X10 thing, but what I'd do is get a low power radio transmitter (1 watt) and connect it to a dummy loader (instead of an arial).
    Hook it up to your sound card and your away.
    Take a look in the buy and sell for radio transmitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

I got the X10 video/audio sender is grand -as long as no one turns on a microwave :-).. you better off buying the combined one if you can(similar price) in the long term incase you be sendng video, the audio quality will be the same both use frequencys in the 2.4Ghz band(if you buy one locally (Argo etc.)) don't buy a 900Mhz, old tech, crap quality by all accounts

lph

Advertisement