Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell Me A PC for £1,200

• 29-12-2000 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Well not me, a friend. Anyone sells systems (Gerry?) can they post me a spec for above price. I'm thinking at least 128mb, good gfx card, 1gig or close CPU etc.
    Also if anyone has suggestions as to where to buy please post.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

im no expert,but i doubt u'll get a 1 gig for that price. still a 800 or thereabouts wud be tasty.
    bought mine almost a year ago from dell,it cost roughly 1,200 i think, here she is :
    pentium 3 600mhz
    128 ram
    32mb tnt 2 m64 graphics card,
    13 gb hard drive.
    17 monitor
    blah blah blah
    now that was a year ago so maybe u get an 800 processor in there and a couple of other bonuses for similar money now? neways maybe that was some help to you.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'm in the same boat too frown.gif but it's not easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

tigerdirect.com are selling a mobo, 128 ram and a 1 gig Intel Chip for $498. I think they'll export.

Also try tigerexport.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

I say build him 1

i got a 1 gig [now running at 1.2 eek.gif] tbird k7 raid mobo [great for overclocking and upgrading later] 128ram taking my system to 256megs for £50 off these boards a fop 38 fan to keep my cpu nice and cool not that i need it in this weather hahaah.A 300watt psu to drive the beast all for £650 [irish] so that leaves ya £550 to buy all the other bits which as i said if you shop arround you should do it easly.Ok you may not get a software package with it but thatll be less cd,s gathering dust on the side hehehe.

Stone biggrin.gif
    http://www.marx-computers.com/cgi-
    bin/store/commerce.cgi
    or www.overclockers.co.uk

[This message has been edited by THE SPERMINATOR (edited 30-12-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

For that price, I could build a duron 600-700, (possibly) clocked up to 900-1000, with a geforce2 mx graphics card, 20 gig drive, 128 megs of ram, 17" monitor, soundblaster live, modem etc. Post up a more exact spec, as I can't guess what exactly you want. Or email me with what you are looking for. This is just off the top of my head, I could possibly build a slightly better spec for that money, it just depends what your priorities are.

• Advertisement
Advertisement