Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Worst Game Endings

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I have yet to see the ending, but the Super Metroid intro is lovely. I love Super Metroid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Worst ending has to be Monkey Island: LeChucks Revenge. Mainly because the ending (Guybrush is hanging in a cave and he has to tell the whole story to the main woman in the game) and the start are linked, so since I've never finished the game when I found a great cheat the skipped all the way to the end, it just brought me back to the start. I think it was sort of a joke on the dovelopers part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Worst endings - All the Halflife games

Best ending - Quake 1 / Homeworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

Best game ending has to be the ending from Devil May Cry

Worst ending has to be from opposing force , didnt like it one bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Worst ending:
    MGS what was all taht crap about the ribbon being a symbol of a new life with pics of raindeers

BEST:
    FF8 its not the best game but the ending is brilliant on the ship and i liked the twist they did it very well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Worst Commando on atari 2600 11 hours of dodging bullets and it bl**din starts all over also Bubble Bobble . and perfect Dark on N64 .
    Best Tetris that dancin russian dude was cool and Zelda on N64 just for the stickin the knife in bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Wolfenstein has a pretty poor ending too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Shred

Worst game ending:Halflife Blueshift

I thought the end to Halflife itself was pretty good:)

Best ending? Maybe Zelda on the '64 - what a game:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Return to Castle Wolfenstein... crap ending.
    Half-Life: Blueshift... crap ending.

Fidelis, you mean you managed to get to the end of the game? Did you count the crashes? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Best ending: Link's Awakening on the Gameboy... it was so sad... seeing yer man picking the mushrooms and stuff

Worst ending: theme park world.. it just kept going on and on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Best:

The Happy ending of Revenge Of Shinobi - took me 5 ****ing years to finish with the happy ending. I was hopping up and down with joy.

Phantasy Star 2 - Best ending of any RPG ever. I'm not going to tell you because that would detract for it's unbelievable excellence.

LandStalker - Again just because it took me so bloody long to finish I was delighted.

Golden Axe: really funny. They start playing baseball and you get to see all the stats and names of the baddies.

Altered Beast - you can beat up the credits as they fall from above :).

Worst:

Hmm.. any game that just sends you back to the title screen :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

maybe its just me but do you reckon that everyone has posted here has finished the games they are commenting on :)

How many bandwaggon'ers do we have!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I have finished every game I have ever owned except for Metropolis Street Racer(still working on it) and Magic Carpet. In other words, i'm not a bandwaggoner :)

Oh and i didn't finish System Shock 2, but that was because I lost the disk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i'm most certainly not a "bandwaggon'er ", i freely admit i rearly finish games, but i did finish Opposing force and the ending did suck ass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

the worst i`ve seen was one where you exprected a good enging.

Like 'shaddow of the beast 2' on the Amiga, it had the best intro of its time with the worst ending ever.

I dident think the ending to Warhammer dark omen was bad at all and it is a game you play over and over to finish it again. Pity they never made another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

best endings ever

homeworld: 15 minute long operatta with excellent pencil sketchs and post game storyline
    (just in case your wondering the song is called homeworld by "the ladder" i think)

mechwarrior 2 mercs: multiple endings depending on cash/win loss/allegiance

worst endings ever:

system shock 2: obvious
    opposing forces: dire
    rtcw: agent blaskowitz is taking a much needed break (DIE FFS!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Best ending ever: Final Fantasy 7

Thats the easy one.

It would be difficult to pin down worst ending ever, for a few good reasons. Let me give you an example:

Tetris - 'Game Over'

Some games cant be completed... Of the games that can, i would put right at the forefront an old game for the Amstrad CPC called 'Turbo the Tortoise'. Fun game for the time, but after spending hours fighting through six different ages, you received the message 'Congratulations! You have completed Turbo the Tortoise'...

...and that was it.

I was pretty disappointed.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

worst endings generally involve still screens. Use video endings please!!

Birth of the federation;i think you got 4 screens plus a crap commentary for each race

Best ending ever: Starcraft and Brood wars; just a great game all round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

The best ending ever outa the ones listed is Homeworld , it was just epic but then that game does everything big :) . However one i would throw into the ring is Tropico , Its a beautiful thing to end your term , step out onto the balconey to your adoring Tropicans to give a fairwell speech and your advisor giving a poignant summary of the regime is enough to bring a tear to your eye :D

Pet hates on the other hand , all I can think of is C&C Tiberian Sun , a dire ending for a dire game ,especially for GDI to see Kane just die like that after playing through C&C95 all those years ago is sickening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vivi

Best ending have to be FFVII
    Worst ? not to sure, the only one that i can remember now that sticks out in my head is the Theme Hospital ending that was pretty bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

The GDI sattelite powering up and vaporising kane as he walks through a wrecked nod building was pretty cool in command and conquer.
    i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Having completed FFIX only yesterday...it reminded how all the Final Fantasy endings are all the same. They all leave you with that sense of emptyness inside..knowing that you'll never see or hear of these characthers again. Coupled with the heart-breaking music...it allmost brings a tear to your eye. ;)

Any game that does that has to have one of the best endings ever.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Squall

As far as endings go ide have to say FF7 aswell, That last Sephiroth guy was deadly. And it was very emotional :)

I never got to defeat Sephiroth at the end of FFVII and finally gave up the notion that I could defeat him. :( Now I feel I must beat him to see the ending everyone thinks is so good:)

I liked the Finale when you completed Sega Worldwide Soccer 97 on Sega Saturn. Lasted over 5 mins - which was nice! Pity the console was a crock though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Off-hand, I'd have to say Monkey Island had a fairly satisfying ending and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis had a very satisfying ending - lots of dramatic effect, special animations, rounding off the story and good credit roll (sunset, indy music, baddies defeated, end of the journey sorta feeling). It all built up nicely too - you felt as though you were experiencing the ending for the last 2/3 hours of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Theme Hospital ending that was pretty bad
    How does Theme Hospital have an ending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    How does Theme Hospital have an ending?

Maybe its so bad because it goes on for infinity :)

Seriously..I don't remember it having an ending either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Worst- Quake 1, text oooh text.

Best - Monkey Island 2 and SamnMax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Best ending + worst ending - final fantasy X on the ps2, completed it about 2 weeks ago (can't really say much or i'll get spoiler-ized)
    Great ending, very good and all that, then put in the extra disk to see the "extra" ending and that was **** :)

Turrican 2 was cool back in the amiga/c64 days cos it "had" an ending which was a surprise back then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 saddlier

i know most people won't have played the one player game but conker's bfd on the n64 had an amazing ending, tear-jerking with an amazing twist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement