Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We must tell them

Options
  • 12-02-2002 12:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

We NEED to let the people of Ireland know what Eircom are doing. We need to advertise to them, either on the radio or in the papers. I dont care of you think Im waffling, Ive said it before and Ill say it again, people need to know. They cannot be blinded by Eircoms propoganda.

Here we go again, WE NEED TO ADVERTISE!!! If people go around thinking eircom are great, that will weaken and eventually crush us.

We need to act now.

Matt

EDIT: Ps this wasnt meant to be a new thread, neither was the other one I posted today. Feel free to delete them. Rough night last night trying to get online but being hit with an engaged tone.

</EDIT>

Matt

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Eircoms false advertising is propoganda :( Its all good and saying we need advertising..but the resources arent there i dont think. Its jus a waiting game at the minute really..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

for all those who say IOFFL should advertise....

The Independent Group of newspapers do a "Guaranteed Audience Package"
    Colour is available to smaller budget campaigns through the guaranteed audience package. With these, advertisers receive multiple insertions and guaranteed coverage across the three Independent titles. The Sunday Independent, Irish Independent and Evening Herald across a mutually agreed time period.

The basic package is as follows: 10 insertions of 20cm x 2 col size (at least 2 insertions per title and the remaining 4 insertions slotted in line with availability).

Sound good? Sure does, doesn't it! Unfortunately the total cost is €21,000. Plus VAT.

How about one (1) half page ad in the Irish Times? That'll be €10,602 please. Plus VAT.

Hmm. What about radio? Would you need 30 seconds to get the message across clearly? Possibly.

Well, ten thirty second spots spread across a weekday will set you back €4,253 on RTE Radio 1. Or you could go for 14 thirty second spots on 2FM between 7am & 7pm for €5,777 instead. Oh and don't forget the VAT on both of them...

How about billboards? €16,060 (plus VAT) will get you twenty five of those big ones (known as '48 sheets') around Dublin and the suburbs for two weeks.

Or you could go for thirty spread out around a few cities (17 in Dublin , 4 in Cork, 4 in Limerick, 3 in Waterford & 2 in Galway) over a two week period for €17,600. Oh yeah - that's plus VAT too.

Advertising would be great. When one of us wins the Lotto....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by pete
    Advertising would be great. When one of us wins the Lotto....

Hell instead of spending it on Advertising, be cheaper to lay down our own network ;\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

how about organisations like pc live? or online.ie or entertainment.ie or ireland.com

i'm sure the ppl involved in these are more than aware of the costs that the are incurring because of whats going on....

dw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

forgot to say that all those figures are from current rate cards at www.medialive.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

If that sort of advertising costs soooooo much i wonder how much eircom is spending on conning the irish public the sickest joke of all is they are using the money they have bled from that very same public to perpetuate their lies.If it wasnt so sick it would be funny.

Stone

PS I draw a certain amount of comfort from knowing im using their very on service (lol service) to spread the word of their unethical ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

if there is 1,000+ ireland offline members and many onlookers we could all spare €10 each we would have enough to get the message out.

We need a bank a/c sop we can transfer money into

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Pete nice one for posting up those prices. Im sure they might seem far fetched for just the one person, but for all of us? If each member put in $15 or so then this advertising could be possible. Why not?
    Who would be willing? Adam or Bard, can you post a poll on this perhaps?

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I don't think Eircoms the real enemy. Any business in their position would do the same, well maybe just more efficiently.

Its the present Telecommunications laws that are at fault. These need to be changed.

Advertisement