Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.bin Files ??????

• 12-02-2002 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Lads I know with .bin files you can use clone cd, fireburner etc... to extract and burn them to cd BUT if I have the files, dont want them to go directly to a cd but just want to extract them to a folder on the HDD - what prog would I use , anyone any ideas ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

isobuster maybe ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Possible, I found one called WinISO - it says it can convert from .bin to .iso but dosen't state if you can just extract to the hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

yea winiso will extract to the hd for you.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

This wouldn't be an attempt to copy the contense of a CD to your harddrive, put it in a folder and then get away with not using cd to play games would it? ;) (had wondered about that myself :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The man is entitled to *cough* back up his CD's on his HDD if he wants to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    The man is entitled to *cough* back up his CD's on his HDD if he wants to.
    yeah right. If he owns the original cd he can just copy the files directly off the cd. The cd image was most likely downloaded :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I dont have to go to that much trouble to get away with that, just received a load of bin files via satelite and want to check them out before I waste cds on them , thanks I'll check out isobuster and winiso when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i said it before and il say it again
    CDRWIN
    burns .bins np

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Red Moose

have a look on the net for Daemon Tools. Allows you to mount an ISO or whatever image as a drive (e.g., makes say drive R: into a virtual CDROM drive with the ISO being the disc). Works pretty good, and is free.

http://www.daemon-tools.net/main.htm should get you there.

Advertisement