Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restart via keyboard

Options
  • 12-02-2002 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine pointed out a potential design flaw of the new keyboards with respect to restarting. There seems to be no way of forcing a restart directly from the keyboard.

You know how the old keyboards have the "boing" button above the number pad? These keyboards don't have that so if you have a Mac in a different room or underneath an awkward desk you would like to boing from the keyboard.

Or is there a way to do this from the keyboard?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

but there's a simple restart button on the front of all the macs. You aren't going to have your G4 too far away from you, as you'll be needing to put the odd dvd/zip/cd in it.

I've found system 9.2 pretty rock solid anyway, and haven't been having many crashes at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Ye but some people that use it in studios for example may have their Mac in a different room even. A friend of mine is in such a quandry where it is physically difficult for him to reach the restart button if needs be. Generally he doesn't need to use the cd tray or load things up as everything can be done otherwise.

(Not that Macs ever crash though *ahem*)
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

All our crates, both mac and PC, reside on a a different floor from the keyboard and monitors:) Still using 9500's tho, so dont have that problem:)
    (altho tbh, they crash so much i never really need to restart:) )

Advertisement