Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of Win2k questions

• 31-12-2000 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Ok here goes.

1. Can a dual boot system running Win2k and WinME be run of the one hard drive partition?

2. If the answer to the above is no, is it possible to install Win2k onto a FAT32 partition or will it have to be an NTFS partition?

Cheers

<sig>Insert witty signature here</sig>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

for the first question it should be, it was with winnt so i dont see why not

and for the second q yes no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

1. Yes np at all
    2. Yes you can run Win2k off fat32

"Snaggle's crap at lans"
    www.doesnotcompute.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

[1]. Yes you should be able to no problem.
    [2]. Yep go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I tried this before and it worked(ish) The only problem I had was if you install both OS's on the same partition, its fine that Win2k installs into c:\WinNT and WinME installs into c:\Windows. The problem is that they'll share the same c:\Program Files\ folder and this can cause problems. See how it goes for you, maybe I just installed something strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

I have win2k and win98se on separate partitions but they both share c:\programs folders, no probs here. You just have to install some things in each os which is a bit annoying smile.gif

• Advertisement

Well you could change the program files path with a wee registry 'hack' can't you?

Or you could just change the path file to somethign else no?

I dont think u need to do any hacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Brothers, despense with the win 9x. Win2k is the truth and the light. Yeay! For it is running on my box for 3 weeks without a reboot and yeay! though apps may hang, win2k keeps on trucking.

amp: For I am the truth and the light and an MCSE :P

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Vincent:
    Or you could just change the path file to somethign else no?</font>
    Well there are some proggies that insist on clinging to the oul "progra~1", so it's only a suggestion loike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'm going to name my first born Progra Tilde Jewell. Just to annoy her/him/it.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Advertisement