Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isdn isp's in ireland

• 21-12-2000 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Could some one tell me please the irish isp's that i can use for my isdn modem. I have eircom and ocean and i want to know the rest of them. Im only intrested in free isp's that is you only pay for the cala. Are there any more free isp's for 64k medems ?

and if there is could u please put the links up so i can go to the sites and use there dialups thanks.

dont just say dna or who ever is doing it cos most people like my self wont know why dna are and where i can find it smile.gif

ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Who or what are DNA??????

--Chris--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Ocean is good, and you can use both channels with it to get 128k bandwidth. Another is Buy & Sell (www.buyandsell.net I think) which also offers stac compression and 128k connection afaik.

Unison (www.unison.ie) also works with ISDN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Who or what are DNA??????</font>

DNA == UTV Internet.

Although I can understand your confusion, since the "sentence" posted by "Bad charlie"...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">dont just say dna or who ever is doing it cos most people like my self wont know why dna are and where i can find it</font>

...actually hurt my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Doubtful I know, but is there any surfnolimits-type isp that works with isdn?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No. It's not viable until the local loop is unbundled, or Eircon start charging flat rates for lines. Anyway, have a look here for a fairly comprehensive overview of Irish ISP's:

http://www.jmason.org/iiu/details/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

nope. u cant use isdn with the only set rate isp widely available(no limits). if u could id probably have ISDN by now.

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fury361

i called esat to cancel a no-limits account
    because i got an ISDN line...they told me that all there accounts will be ISDN compatible sometime after christmas...how much it will cost is another question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

As long as it's under 175 quid a month i'll be saving money anyway smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

hmmmmmmmm isdn........mmmmmmmmmmm

This is not a good day...to be a bad guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Unfortunatly, "sometime after Christmas" could be around 2005 or thereabouts.... smile.gif

--Chris--

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fury361

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris_533976:
    Unfortunatly, "sometime after Christmas" could be around 2005 or thereabouts.... smile.gif

--Chris--
    </font>

true.... smile.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

regards to irish Isp Isdn services, Oceanfree I find is by far the best dialup for isdn users offering the lowest pings and lag free gaming no matter what game you choise tho I havent heard anything about Esat offering an Isdn service, I am an Esat curstomer who uses them for net browsing, irc and icq with my modem connected to my isdn wall adapter would dearly love them to go Isdn friendly, anyone else with facts please post smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I just rang esat to find out about flat rate ISDN. They said May or June and it should be available, they have to upgrade blah blah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah what is it with Oceanfree. Here I am at 3pm on a workday with a first time 57,600bps connection that's lasted for 30 mins with no probs. Do they have no business customers or something?

Anyway they're my default ISP that I set up for customers because when you set up a new computer system for a new user the last thing you want to happen is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lol smile.gif

Advertisement