Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG DVD Boxed Set - April 1!

• 12-02-2002 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

I have it on good authority (Cloud: take one guess who... :) ) that the TNG DVD box set will be going on sale here in Paddy land on April Fool's day.

And no, this is not some lame attempt at a pre-emptive strike for the day in question!

Gadget

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

TNG Boxset eh... What is in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Ehh, lots of TNG? :rolleyes:

'Kay, it's the complete collection for Series 1. It looks like this:

B00005UO5M.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00005UO5M.02.IN01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

...and will eventually build into this:

B00005UO5M.02.IN02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

...and it contains:
    (nicked from Amazon Entry: http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005UO5M/qid=1013536823/sr=1-1/ref=sr_sp_re/202-9424399-4434246)

DVD Special Features:
    Seven-disc box set. Full season 26 episodes. One hour of unique extras.

The Launch
    Gene Roddenberry's vision for Next Gen; Building a new Enterprise; The cast's reactions to being part of the "Star Trek" legend; writing new characters and aliens; Designing the new ships and props.

The Cast
    First season cast members talk about their roles, their acting backgrounds and of the "Star Trek" legacy; Fascinating "Before and After" look comparing comments of the cast from launch of series with comments of the cast seven years later.

Production
    Production staff members discuss making of new series; Uncover how the beaming effect is achieved; Watch Worf's make-up process

Season 1 Highlights
    Cast and crew discuss specific episodes; Denise Crosby on leaving the series; Armin Shimerman on playing one of the first Ferengi; Jonathan Frakes on going all "gooey" in the mud slick; Patrick Stewart relates humorous stories about Frakes; Dan Curry explains how he made a futuristic weapon out of a plastic pantyhose container; and more...

Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Cool :cool: , wouldn't really of considered getin it till now :D excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

WOW,

someone get me a towel, i've made a mess

(from druelling of course :rolleyes: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

How Much for this masterpiece?

€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'd say we'd be expected to pay over the 100 EURO mark per series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I've already looked into the price. Called HMV and was told that it would be around the €150 mark. But if you order from amazon.co.uk you get it for €121 including currency exchange and postage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Amazon say here that the Series 2 Box Set is due for release on the 6th of May - oh dear :D

Gadget

Advertisement