Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

slight html problem

Options
  • 12-02-2002 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I'm having a small problem with a web interface i'm designing.

the interface is jpg based, and for some reason, there is always a gap between the images that are links, despite setting the attribrute 'border="0".

Anyone had the same problem/ know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Cellspacing="0" Cellpadding="0"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

No luck with those tags, thanks anyway. it seems to be connected with the image links, i think. and possibly the javascript i'm using

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

You haven't really given us much info to go on there. It gould be lots of things like stray whitespace characters, especially if you copied/pasted the code from somewhere, incorrect size values on the images etc etc.

The more likely reason is, as PiE mentioned, the cellspacing/padding; you have put them into the <table> element and not the <td> ones right? Sorry if any of that seems obvious but I have no idea of your HTML expertise level.

If you could post the source, or a link to the working version, we could see the problem more easily.

thats the thing, its not in a table. i did it just using carefull laying out of line break tags, cus i wanted to see could i get it working properly without using a table, and without the javascript, it fits perfectly.

The javascript is a sample one that i got w/ dreamweaver, so i blame it.

May just go and find a different one.

Stupid dreamweaver. i blame it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A bad workman always blames his tools... :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

*A bad workman always blames his tools...
    True but *groan*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Isegrim

have you tried image-maps already?

easy to use and even old browsers can understand it.

only problem some "text-based-browsers" can't display images...

but you are using images already so that is not a problem i think.

have fun

Originally posted by dahamsta
    A bad workman always blames his tools... :)

adam

Are you attempting to suggest something?? :D

well, i didnt actually get the js from Dreamweaver, i kinda scavenged it from a project which i got the job to do after the former designer was fired.

Also, i did the work on it at around 2-3am, and wasnt paying much attention. I don't have a fu<king clue what i did with it!!

Screw it, i think i'll just use a table. thanks to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Post the code and we might be able to help a little better.

I got it working. finally gave in and used a table.

And it looks so purdy!

when its up and running, i'll post the URL and you can all have a good laugh at the eejit whoe fecked it up! :D

Tahnks for all the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Do post the url - it'd be interesting to see what caught you out!!

When will it be up??

It'll be up in a little while. its kind of a personal community website, and i want to try and get as much of the site put together as possible before reigstering a domain/ftp'ing it up.

I realise now that the problem seems to have been me being a lazy bollo<ks and trying to do it without a table :D

Advertisement