Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS Board Closed.

• 12-02-2002 7:34pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've closed the CS board for the moment. its return will depend on the decisions we'll make over the next while and a possible reorganisation of the board.

Frankly all the other boards we have, added together, dont give us as much trouble as CS and its a waste of our time and resources at the moment. Hence it should either go, or change.

I'll be speaking with the other admins about this, and we'll have a long hard think about it, but for now I've decided to close it to perhaps show people that there community is a privilege and something to be valued.

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Its a pity it had to come to this but im glad something is being done cuase frankly over the last few weeks its been a struggle to find one decent post(not thread) on that board. It would be a reall shame if it went though as cs is still a very popular game and discussions could be had if the muppets wernt around

Anyhu glad you did something dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

You should fix it so that all posts to the Counterstrike board are moderated.

Get some more moderators, who are logged on a lot, and set it so every single post has to get an OK from them before it goes up.

Any mods that let spam through more than say three times get "fired" and a new mod is "elected" or whatever.

-Son of Blam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Here an idea, give all gaming moderators, moderation rights at the CS board, thats about 20 mods, if they cant keep the spanners in line nothing will. if you do as Son of Blam
    suggested, this should be more then enough people to stop the crap, and maybe, if the VB allows it, certain members wouldnt have to have posts filtered IE respectable fokes

That or move the CS board to community and give the mods a totaly free hand to ban all those they want at a wim

Third, make a hit squad of mods, including Castor Troy,gandalf, wwm, along with meglome, Mills and Shinji to clear out the fermine,

closing the board, though i have no problem iwth it, is only a stop gap before that eventually move to the gaming board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I said it was a problem -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34793

What more can I say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Get some more moderators, who are logged on a lot, and set it so every single post has to get an OK from them before it goes up.
    While that'd probably work for a while i think eventually it'd cause the death of the forum.

More active mod's perhaps, or maybe give all mod's control over it? Dunno hard one to call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I think I like the idea of only a select few getting access to the counterstrike board tbh.

Maybe have it in such a way where you have to apply to the board and have at least 20 or so other posts in which the mods will review those posts to see if they show reasonable maturity to get access (I say reasonable because I could see the number of users limited to about 50 here if you were cracking down that much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

tis a pity but it is needed. and that is true, but something needs to be done.

my suggestion.
    1 have more mods for the forum.
    2 heres a big idea,,, the mods select the people who have to have their posts checked before they can actually post this includes people who register for a day to spam it then create a new account give them a trial period and if they are good they can post when they like if not bye bye dirt bag. All other users can post without delay except those whom the mods see fit to sensor for a period of time (be it a week or forever)
    3 BAN all the current muppets on it.
    4 give all gaming mods rights to admin the cs board.
    5 make me mod (just thought id throw that in, worth a try anyway)

ok i do not know if 2 would be able to be implemented but i think it is the best solution come up with so far that i can see.

everyone knows that there is a problem in the cs boards, and it seemed to really kick in after x-mas hopefully cs 1.4 will bring change, but then again there will be the flame threads saying oh "[qoute]i dont like this and i dont like this etc[/quote] and someone else
    saying no your wrong and so on and so on,
    insted of saying
    well your intilted to your opinion as are we all and since you took the time to share it with us i would like to comment on it firstly i do not agree with you in this area etc"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Closing the board is a mistake imho. If its gone too long someone is bound to setup something new and improved!

The moderators need to be more strict....People like Meglome are too nice ;)

I would be firm but fair :)

Originally posted by Praetorian
    I would be firm but fair :)
    I'd be firm and ruthless... i think that's whats needed more than anything else over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    I said it was a problem -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34793

What more can I say?

you just wouldnt let it lie.......

• Advertisement

wwm i hate to say this but that was spam and an un needed post this is also un needed and ads nothing to this topic, but that is how it all starts stupid comments like that. I know you ment nothing by it and i mean no offence but practice what you preach.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

The moderators need to be more strict....People like Meglome are too nice

God, The moderators do this out of their own time, they can't be always editing/deleting posts/topics

And no matter what they try, you lot always comeplain, ie.
    If meglome was real strict, you'd be moaning, you're moaning that he is too nice.. what do you want him to do?

Drop his moderatorship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by Kraken
    practice what you preach.

Where did wwm preach about spamming and stopping the said act??? Why if wwm didnt spam he'd never post at all

OJ has a point there its like the unspoke rule you can never be truely happy not even on a saturday night when you get paid change p to an L, Its not about being nice or strict its about image by this i mean if they think your strict then they will cop on if not spam fest. i feel strongly that something should be done as i used to enjoy them boards ages ago when people actuall tried to help each other. [dream sequence] ahhh them wre the days [/dream sequence]

But what to do?

I still think my idea above is the best so far but i will admit it if i see better. So come on people get the brain juices flowing.

apple he is a mod mods want good clean boards well most of them for them to be clean less muppetry and posts that are pointless you can get away with rofl on humor boards but thats about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

lol. i can imagine the muppets now.....

<muppet1>we'll start our own forum, with hookers and blackjack!!
    <muppet1>well forget about the hookers and blackjack (were only 10 yrs old ffs!

Originally posted by smak
    lol. i can imagine the muppets now.....

<muppet1>we'll start our own forum, with hookers and blackjack!!
    <muppet1>well forget about the hookers and blackjack (were only 10 yrs old ffs!

Stay off the weed smak its bad for you.

but maybe what we need is like an incubation period for all new/untrustworthy users in a selecuded form that is all they can enter.

AND YES I AM AWARE OF THE FACT I CANT SPELL.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

It would be helpful if people who ARENT CS players stayed out of this discussion. its their board and their community. Let them sort it out.
    This isnt aimed at anyone in particular but everyone in general.

How many of you play CS?

Anyway, if someone wanted to set up another forum somewhere else incompetition to the CS board, fair enough, we arent kidding, its becomming more trouble then its worth to keep it.

I think we'll probably make it a private board for the generally nice blokes who are in in it. Then we'll make it clear that you can *apply* to be allowed in and then only if you provide a decent (ie: non-free) email account.
    ie: it will be run as "allowed-in" rather then "turfed out".

That may turn it from a spam-fest into an actual community of people who know each other. What a concept.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by DeVore
    How many of you play CS?

i played regularly on the net until hl net access was blocked in college, now i play occasionally on LAN in college.

I will be applying for entry into this new cs board. I'd very much like a place to discuss cs, minus muppets.

I play cs so i think my point should be heard? What are your opinions on my suggestion.

my suggestion.
    1 have more mods for the forum.
    2 heres a big idea,,, the mods select the people who have to have their posts checked before they can actually post this includes people who register for a day to spam it then create a new account give them a trial period and if they are good they can post when they like if not bye bye dirt bag. All other users can post without delay except those whom the mods see fit to sensor for a period of time (be it a week or forever)
    3 BAN all the current muppets on it.
    4 give all gaming mods rights to admin the cs board.
    5 make me mod (just thought id throw that in, worth a try anyway)

Originally posted by DeVore
    (ie: non-free) email account.
    Alienating alot of people there!

And yes i play CS ... allbeit badly :)

• Advertisement

I think the free e-mail while a valid idea is unjust. as i have no intention to pay for a ruddy e-mail when i can get one for free. but if your application was based on your stature in the community well id have no probs with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Sorry to see this happen but not a surprise. Back in my day before our balls dropped we played football in the park and egged the local nosey flucks house and the like. Now it seems we get to experience the ball dropping (almost) live on the Internet. Thank you assholes everywhere.

We tried everything, we deleted posts, we locked threads, we even banned users.. to no avail. The fact some of you have no friends may be an indication that it's not just your deodorant.

Mindphuck for president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

he's been acting all responseable and articulate since the the forum was locked LOL hey maybe some good will come from this after all!

Its a real shame it had to happen but all i can say is oh well and thanks to all the spamming spas.

I think that, if the forum is reopened, it should remain public. Everyone could be given a second chance to start afresh. One spammy post and your gone. Nice and simple ruthless attitude.

That plus more moderators might clean the place up a bit.

(P.S. Jabba for moderator:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

What did the CS Forum bring or contribute to #boards.ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The problem with the CS board is that there IS no CS community there any more. I know that over the past few months I've felt more like a bloody nursery school teacher than a moderator, and I'm sure Mills and meglome feel likewise.

The people causing the hassle there - and spilling over into other boards - aren't part of the CS community. They have no interest in being part of a community; they just want to post nonsense and leave messages for their 14 year old school friends on d'Inturnet.

Because there's no community, there's none of the self-policing you get with a community. Someone acting the muppet gets their post locked or deleted, or one of their (probably MANY) hotmail created Boards accounts removed from the CS board. That's all we can do; without a real community there there's simply no punishment for acting the idiot. I've banned more users, deleted more posts and locked more threads in the past month than I did in the first entire YEAR that I moderated that board, and things haven't got any better.

Case in point - Dino. The chap has been banned from that board REPEATEDLY, and he's back every time within a week - new nick, same crap.

It isn't that there isn't a community of Irish CS players (and even some ex-CS players) who just want to have a chat and a laugh about the game or the community. But they've been drowned out by the signal-noise ratio, and even an army of moderators couldn't fix that. Even what we HAVE been able to do has been pointless; it's just driven genuine posters off the board, because we have to delete genuine, light-hearted posts to avoid being shouted at for double standards when we delete pure spam.

The idea of an opt-in board is a very, very good one. It'd be a fair bit of work setting it up and maintaining the user list, but I for one am happy to work on that, and I'm sure the other moderators feel likewise. It'd be preferable to having to check the board every couple of hours from work to make sure nobody is doing something unbelievably stupid, and spending an hour in the evening cleaning up after pre-pubescent retards.

Rob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

A couple of things.

Firstly if you need me to act as an extra moderator in a temporary capacity then you got me, facist tendencies and all. I havent played CS in ages I like Tactical Ops :).

Secondly, Shinji says that alot of these idiots are creating multiple accounts. Dev is it possible to do a SQL query to check how many accounts have the same email address and do a purge on them. Also is it possible to have a check when a new account is created against existing users email addresses so at least they have to set up a new mail address as well.

Another suggestion is having these new users subscribe to the CS board so they're accounts are only added after a moderator has seen the subscription.

Its a real shame that its gotten to this stage, again alot of the problems are coming from the same location as before.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Why bother m8, just leave it closed and the problems are gone.
    ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Like wow, it's like Ballymun was just closed.

But that said the CS board did bring a lot of new and cool people to the boards. Shame they're outweighed by the sheer weight of díckheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I can't say I'm surprised or disappointed by this, its been a long time in coming. The idea of an opt-in board sounds good to me. That or one where every post must be read by a mod before it is publicly available.

My 2c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Like I said on the thread on the CS board, I don't think closing it is the answer, I'd prefer to see it turned into a more private board where we could try and build up a bit of a community around the game again.

I don't think the problem is with the game, but the way more and more people are getting access to the internet means that there are going to be a lot of "kidiots" around whatever game happens to be flavour of the month in the future. When Quake was big how many 14 year olds were there with computers and an internet connection around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭][Spoof Jesus][

Who cares about this board.....

All that was said was who was good @ CS...who was bad @ CS and which clan would be winning next...

No wonder it closed...the people that use it are all complaining about other people...I suggest starting up a complaining board...

**** CS and **** all you people who play in clans...I started the FIRST CS clan in Cork...and i had to dissolve it because people were saying we were crap...seeing as we had 90% of the CS players in Cork i found that hard to understand,,,now CS is just crap because of clans like P2H and CAS going around like they own the place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

a board just for bitching, what do you take us for, your mother's? wellcome to the real world, and guess what, we dont dont care

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If I didnt know a lot of decent people from Cork I swear...

Anyway, I'm thinking about a lot of what has been said here. I'mn going to look at the tech and what can be achieved easily. I am glad that shinji and others are still keen to fight back the tide because despite all this, Boards.ie sprang from gamer/techie roots and we support gaming communities strongly. Just not creches.

To answer a few points:
    Kraken, I have read and absorbed your suggestions.

Azezil, it wont SOLELY be on the basis of email address... for example, anyone who is reasonably well known already on Boards.ie or CS I would expect would be welcomed in, free email or not. Just that if Mr Anonymous writes to request access the mods can use a free email address with no other details as a reason to refuse him access to post. I think "read" access should always be there for everyone.

We can put a sticky thread up to explain the situation and how to request access to post.

What I REALLY am after is the threat of retaliation on the idiots that if any of them are being spas we can just kick them and not let them back and when they sign up they give us information about themselves which will allow me to get medieval on their asses. Home phone number, work email... you'd be surprised what can be found out and done if you couldnt care less what happens to the individual on the other end.

Anyway, currently I am leaning towards an "invite-to-post" board to decrease the mindless tosh on the forum from people who have just signed up...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

While I don't think a final year philosophy/psychology paper should be written about this, ( though high marks were probably given out for sillier topics ) I'm wondering has anyone worked out why the CS board was so full of muppety people ?

What made them gravitate to that spot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Wouldnt making the CS board private discourage a lot of people from trying to join the community?

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

I think it would be stupid to make it a private board,as said already how would ppl then break into the community.

Case in point - Dino. The chap has been banned from that board REPEATEDLY, and he's back every time within a week - new nick, same crap.

The idea of the mods checkin the posts first is a great idea,probably a pain in the @ss at first but after a while the muppets would not get enjoyment from seein their stupid @ss posts and go do something more worthwhile for them--->donkey porn proabably

Would not like to see th board goin though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Well I'll be damned, ye actually went and did it, you closed the CS board. Like most others here, I'm not surprised.

There is a CS community, I know because I was playing fairly regularly for the last few months, and it was always the same nicks you came accross.

One of the things that might stem the tide of useless and moronic posting would be to let the well respected members of both communities (that is boards.ie and ireland cs communities) become moderators. I know straight off Dustaz would get my vote, and thats before the elections have started. And let only respected members of both communities be moderators. Thats not to say that the current moderators arent respected in both communities, but I must admit I dont ever remember playing any of them while playing. I must also admit that I dont play on a great range of servers, so that could very easily be the reason why, correct me if you would.

Thats just one of a hundred suggestions that I imagine you will receive.

Another suggestion is to get members respected in the boards.ie community who have nothing to do with CS or even games, but who are known to be hardline, and just unleash them with a sort of shoot to kill order ie:

spammy post: delete and warn
    abusive post: delete and warn (off course by pm)
    three warnings: ban users
    spammy or abusive post in user's first ten posts: ban user
    others that can be made up as you go along

now that second suggestion could even be done by the current mods, but it might be better to get fresh eyes in, eyes that dont know the other community members, who dont know whats considered okay and whats not. Which means they will be deleting anything remotely spammy or abusive, zero tolerance if you will.

As I said there will be more solutions being given, they are just a couple I could think of.

I also dont wish to offend the current mods by implying they should go, that was just a suggestion also, just to be considered. I dont think you are doing anything wrong in fact you are doing a damn good job, but the job is getting harder, thats undeniable, and maybe its time to tackle it a different way, or maybe even stop tackling ie. remove the board.

Thats my third and its the ultimate solution, but I definitely dont want to see that happen, I'm disappointed enough with the board being closed.

Baz_

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Get 4 or 5 more mods, people who are on at different times, and set it to queue threads for moderator approval.

Anyone can post whenever, but since they cant create new threads, and there will be less threads, it will be easier to moderate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

posted by yer wan spoof jesus
    Who cares about this board.....

All that was said was who was good @ CS...who was bad @ CS and which clan would be winning next...

No wonder it closed...the people that use it are all complaining about other people...I suggest starting up a complaining board...

**** CS and **** all you people who play in clans...I started the FIRST CS clan in Cork...and i had to dissolve it because people were saying we were crap...seeing as we had 90% of the CS players in Cork i found that hard to understand,,,now CS is just crap because of clans like P2H and CAS going around like they own the place...

this is exactly the kind of shoit that got the cs board shut down, all you ie/cork heads kindly have your arguements in public k? thx

and theres this thing called email, it allows you to leave a message for someone when they are not online (also pm works like that too)

as for board suggestions i think invite only is best way to go, with a hardline on the moderator-ness-ship (whatever)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Well it's a sad day for the cs board :(

I'm sorry to see this happen, although it seemed inevitable.....

vg suggestions being made.

vote me for mod :) I'll send in a swat team with xm4's and colts and one awper to sort em all out :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

More moderators isn't the answer. *Every* thread gets dragged off topic on the CS board, and no matter how much the mods ban and warn, it still happens.

The two suggested ideas of an "invite only" type board or posts needing approval are good, but both will cause huge amounts of hassle. If the mods are willing, I'd say go for it - otherwise keep the board closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Im not one to point the finger at people that act the muppet, i have in my time said stupid things to people, but thats part of growing up.

Im on the boards 1 year and 7 months now (just about), when i started it was the HL board like kaids said..
    i too was a complete muppet and used the board as a way to start a fight or stir sh1t. Ive told this to many people. (/me looks at meglome and the likes)

I look at the new generation of muppets and i see that i was stupid to do that stuff, but people change and its just a phase that people go through till they mature...
    It usuall lasts 3 months (till someone else comes along)

You wont be able to stop people being muppets dev, there is no point in saying "Im closing the board because the minority is ruining it for everyone else", that just wont work!

How about we stop looking at what the problem is and just plane stop it! With all respect and i mean respect when i say this...
    Stop threatening and do something! (other than close the cs board)

I agree whole-heartedly when you say add more mods, but ffs keep it in the cs community.
    People that are actually still playing CS - no offence gary, shinji or mills you all great mods but i dont see you on irish servers tbh...

Id be glad to help mod, but im hardly first choice material with my past history, so i would give the tortch to Chief, Mr.ClownMan, Snaggle, Renton, Kaids and the likes... Someone that plays the game and has no nme's, that also has rcon to a server or two if one is needed.

Open up the board and bring back carma, thats what stopped me stiring sh1t...

I wish you good luck in restarting the cs boards (hopefully). You have a strong army of dedicated cs players behind you all the way.

reD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

leave it closed.
    let all the traffic you dont want go to ukterrorist or cs.net forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by red_ice
    Im not one to point the finger at people that act the muppet, i have in my time said stupid things to people, but thats part of growing up.

Im on the boards 1 year and 7 months now (just about), when i started it was the HL board like kaids said..
    i too was a complete muppet and used the board as a way to start a fight or stir sh1t. Ive told this to many people. (/me looks at meglome and the likes)

I look at the new generation of muppets and i see that i was stupid to do that stuff, but people change and its just a phase that people go through till they mature...
    It usuall lasts 3 months (till someone else comes along)

You wont be able to stop people being muppets dev, there is no point in saying "Im closing the board because the minority is ruining it for everyone else", that just wont work!

How about we stop looking at what the problem is and just plane stop it! With all respect and i mean respect when i say this...
    Stop threatening and do something! (other than close the cs board)

I agree whole-heartedly when you say add more mods, but ffs keep it in the cs community.
    People that are actually still playing CS - no offence gary, shinji or mills you all great mods but i dont see you on irish servers tbh...

Id be glad to help mod, but im hardly first choice material with my past history, so i would give the tortch to Chief, Mr.ClownMan, Snaggle, Renton, Kaids and the likes... Someone that plays the game and has no nme's, that also has rcon to a server or two if one is needed.

Open up the board and bring back carma, thats what stopped me stiring sh1t...

I wish you good luck in restarting the cs boards (hopefully). You have a strong army of dedicated cs players behind you all the way.

reD.
    That's the problem, it isnt a minority anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I fail to see what that's got to do with it. All a moderator is there for is to make sure that crap doesn't get out of hand where possible. You're entirely correct of course - to the best of my knowledge none of us actually play CS regularly any more. However, we're all very active within the community, and more than that, we're prepared to put in the effort required to moderate the forum.

Changing moderators isn't going to help. If there's someone more appropriate than myself, Mills or Gary who can handle the forum, fair dues, they're welcome to it! However, I frankly don't think there is.

"Lets just leave it be and put more moderators on" won't work. "Lets change the moderators" won't work. I advocated "Lets just do zero tolerance on the board" last time this argument was raised, and I was wrong - we've got some very, very persistent fuckwits. So now, lets either shut the thing down altogether or make it into an opt-in forum, because it's NEVER going to work as a public forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Well quite frankly, I agree with rob on this.
    The CS community is dead.
    There are still the "hard-core" players, who play in a clan and play it lots. We have our discussions about clans which largely revolve around UK clans. If we were to carry this discussions along in this board, we could try but we would be drowned out by the muppets, and the fact a lot of people wouldnt be interested in it.
    The rest of the community has broken off, and moved to different games, largely because CS is a **** game. Maybe it could move back into the HL boards and munch and daz not let any sort of CS spam go down.
    I dont think theres enough non spam traffic to warrant a CS board.

I know everyone is going to say, Hey we dont want those CS muppets on our boards, but you will find its not really the "CS community" who spam, its the newbies. Its just like the Quake boards used to be. New members non stop, spam fest.

I think the best solution is to put CS back under the HL boards and have a one strike and your out policy on spam from the CS members on that board, until they can regain the respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by red_ice
    Id be glad to help mod, but im hardly first choice material with my past history, so i would give the tortch to Chief, Mr.ClownMan, Snaggle, Renton, Kaids and the likes... Someone that plays the game and has no nme's

/me looks over his shoulder to keep an eye on those arch enemies he has chasing him

I'm gonna say the same as I did before. The best idea for this is invite only. A lot of people have talked about the 3 strike rule etc but tbh you're talking about end of line action and not the prevention. Prevention is better in this case I think.

I've mentioned about setting a post limit to let Mr.Annonymous in. I understand that this in itself can lead to the idea of spamming to get counts but i'll put this point to you....

1) Each post that the applicant has put up on various boards get checked as a basisi for thier character.

2) The 3 strike rule would still be in place but as you won't have as many childish abusive spammers it won't have to be enforced as much

3) When I first checked out the boards it was CS only. Only now nearly a year later am I starting to really work my way around the other forums here. I think if I had HAD to look around in the first place it would have made a better impact on me.

I just hope that if it does become invite only that i'm allowed in......cause I know all of these arch enemies I have would rather not see that happening :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement