Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CS Board Closed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Originally posted by Shinji

Changing moderators isn't going to help. If there's someone more appropriate than myself, Mills or Gary who can handle the forum, fair dues, they're welcome to it! However, I frankly don't think there is.

ohh jezus shinji, no - you lot are great mods and i didnt mean it to look as if i was saying loose the present mods - i was just saying add to em and bring back carma.
    Originally posted by DeadBankClerk

leave it closed.
    let all the traffic you dont want go to ukterrorist or cs.net forums.

from the guy who never spams or stirs sh1t on the cs boards....
    Originally posted by Celt

That's the problem, it isnt a minority anymore

And you play CS and read the boards on a regualr basis?
    If you do fair enough... i just dont see how you know the boards so well, as i have never seen your Alias before...

reD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

And, one more point.
    You act as if its the community that is spamming
    I have warned this community a number of times. My next step will be to remove the IGN CS servers and support other games with those resources.

Were not one person in case you hadn't noticed. I will totally avoid spamming as much as possible, and if I step out of line I'm sure a mod will sort me out.
    We dont really control these new members of the "community" as we might be able to convince actual members of the community to cop on.
    "You brought this on yourselves guys, the simple fact is... we dont need this **** and I'm sick of people whinging at me about this forum. "

Im sure those people who post will be all upset at the fact that the board that they love to spam and wreck for other people will be closed down so that nobody can use it anymore.

That's the problem, it isnt a minority anymore.

And whitelancer, we are all aware of your views on the CS boards. Im sure the fact you play the game once in a year means you should have an effect on the CS boards.
    And no it is still the minority, its just that the majority dont have that much info to post and when it is posted its flamed by the minority once again.

Im quite fed up with this attitude that the rest of the boards seems to have about the CS boards. You might be shocked to find that a hell of a lot of the people who regularly post on the boards were once members of the evil CS board.

I find it particuarly funny that a lot of the spammers just say, "hey lets close it, I couldnt be causing any of this in any way"

I noticed mindphuck got the dig in there, its not a childish "I told you see, nah nah nah nah"

Originally posted by PHB

Im sure those people who post will be all upset at the fact that the board that they love to spam and wreck for other people will be closed down so that nobody can use it anymore.

Solution : move to another board.

Thats the result DeV, its like banging your head against a brick wall TBH people wont learn. Its a catch 22 (if im right)

reD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Well..

Like reddy i had my moment in the sun, but i quickly snapped out of it when I realised how seriously the community was taken,(it was my first comp :)).
    Im sure i was Shinji's Favourite muppet at one stage ;).

The problem with making the CS board private is that it will restrict the growth of the community.

To be brutally honest here, i have very little interest in posting on that board anymore and have had none in the past six months due to the fact that i have been put off by not only sick spam puppies but also by many "Hard Core"(As PHB put it) players who are always the first to make a lame, smart and insulting remarks to the spam culpruts, do you honestly believe that what you have to say is going to make them go away, well it wont, it only encourages them to compete in a flame war.

The Cs community is Dead, all the "l337" "Hard core" players stick to them selves and take the game way to seriously and at the same time display the most atrocious arrogance i have ever seen in my life towards other Human Beings who just wish to have fun playing a game, after all try and remeber that is what it is.

In short, spam puppies spam with new threads while many respected players of the community spam within threads with silly and insulting remarks.

This is merely my observation and how I feel about the current situation,

Give them their private board, maybe it will stop them whining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Whoever suggested making all mods parttime CS mods is a good idea. Make me a mod on the CS boards, I'll happily put in the time banning half the country if needs be.

WCGpoll.jpg

Take it CS, ye are heading the same way as Quake, at least we don't spam and bítch at each other all day long. *cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Now this came as a bit of a surprise to me I knew things were getting bad and to be honest I haven't wandered into the CS board in a while bar to read this thread . I will admit I dont play CS all that often but I used play alot of HL/TFC back in the days.

I dont think that getting rid of the board is the answer to be honest as it will most likely cause the spammers to go into other boards and cause hassle.

My idea would be to bring back some sort of karma system only for the CS board where its -5 (or so) karma and your banned automaticlly from the CS board. Then if that person settles down and cops on and starts to post good stuff across the site the CS mods could reduce the kamra by one to let them back in and the better they behave themselfs the more karma the Mods give but never above 0. One thing I do want to point out with this is that the karma should not be shown publicily the only ppl who know are the spam artist :) and the mods and admins.

More mods would be needed and this is no disrespect the the current trio they do a get job. I for one know that I look after my board and I do it in work and I would never be able to give up the time the lads do atm. Maybe if you get a pool the mods across boards.ie and pick a team of mods to keep an eye on things. I for one would do it but I dont suit the job as I am not a huge player of CS.

I honestly look at this as a sad day for the boards community I've been floating around since it was the cloud boards hosted in UCG and I never have seen things get this bad. For all you whipper snappers out there it was a place where ppl where nice to each other.

The whole community owe a lot to Dev/Cloud et all and should not be causing this sort of grief for them and the mods.

Just my 2 cent worth.

kayos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Luckily for me I never really played CS so most people look to DeV and Regi for help with the CS board.

Anyway it's about time something was done, muppetry no more.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There is still easily enough traffic for a CS board imo, it doesn't have to be the most active board on boards.ie. I think privatising the board and letting only the 3 mods give people access is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its a pity that the forum is being shut down, but I think deV has made the right decision.

I came to boards via the CS forum, as no doubt many others have, but the thing has gotten out of hand. I could easily count the number of times I've even browsed topics in the forum in the past month using the thumbs of both hands (and without using binary at that).

At the end of the day, increased moderstorship wont work. Why? Simple - look at one of deVores comments on the topic in the CS forum :
    However, we're tired of being your parents. We dont have to be, we dont get anything from it, and we're sick of picking up your toys.

More "parents" is not the solution. At best, it will improve things for a while, and then people sill start getting tired of spending half their "boards time" deleting posts, editing posts, locking threads, banning people, blah blah blah.

I think the invite-in idea, with restrictions placed on accounts is a good one. Non-anonymous accounts, fair enough, but I would also consider allowing (for example) anyone with > 3 months boards membership, with > 20 posts in that time, assuming they havent been muppeting around the other fora. (These are off-the-top-of-my-head figures, not necessarily well thought out).

Hell, I'd even consider introducing a mandatorty 1-week "cool-off" period, whereby new accounts cannot be used for posting within 1 week of activation *anywhere* on the public boards.

Couple this with Shinji's "zero tolerance" idea, and you have the beginnings of something.

How many people will set up dozens of anon accounts with different names, subscribe them all to boards, and let them get past the mandatory waiting period in order to start spamming, only to be booted immediately. I think the effort is too much for these kiddies to be bothered.

Maybe its not workable, but maybe it is....but I dont think the solution is "have more mods to do more moderating".

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

we have a boards system here at SI too, for Championship Manager..

We moderate them like hell, there 4 or 5 mods for each board. We ban people, delete posts etc. And rule the boards with an iron fist :mad:

People know if they post wafftle, abuse etc they get temp banned then banned and/or post gets deleteed..

As Dev said, were lucky this service is here and its a pity some pe0ns abuse it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I'm going to be honest, I only read the posts of a few ppl in this thread as it is just way too long a thread..

I have to say I stopped using the CS board a while ago as I felt it had little or nothing to do with CS.. (When is the last time you saw a tactics\Clan match wanted\Gun comparison thread that actually went anywhere other than straight to the flame pits of hell?

I would think the best way is to make the CS board application only.. You apply to become a member and the Moderators say Yeay or Nay based on what they know of you.. (if they aren't sure it is EASY to do a search for all of your posts..)

Thats just my 0.02 ;)

Gamb

(Can't resist it.. I heartily endorse this product\service in its revised format ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by PHB
    And whitelancer, we are all aware of your views on the CS boards. Im sure the fact you play the game once in a year means you should have an effect on the CS boards.
    And no it is still the minority, its just that the majority dont have that much info to post and when it is posted its flamed by the minority once again.
    Really, can you tell me my views on the board, seeing as how I havent even mentioned anything about it in 8 or 9 months?
    Since i got my new pc in october i've been playing firearms and cs nonstop, just not on irish servers.....
    Also, feel free to define minority for me..
    Im quite fed up with this attitude that the rest of the boards seems to have about the CS boards. You might be shocked to find that a hell of a lot of the people who regularly post on the boards were once members of the evil CS board.
    The CS board used to be one of the best forums.

CS boards was never one of the best forums. It was one of the most popular and it used to have only small amounts of spam, but it has always been a problem.

Minority ; Smaller group present in the board compared to the rest of the decent people. Just because they arent as active posting doesnt mean they dont read it.

Originally posted by Gambler
    I stopped using the CS board a while ago as I felt it had little or nothing to do with CS.. (When is the last time you saw a tactics\Clan match wanted\Gun comparison thread that actually went anywhere other than straight to the flame pits of hell?

**cough** http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41650 **cough**
    **cough** http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41434 **cough**
    **cough** http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41579 **cough**

Should i go on... thats only from the last week....

Get your facts right mike/gambler :) There is loads about stuff like "how do i set up a server and lan events - but they get moved now...

reD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Really, can you tell me my views on the board, seeing as how I havent even mentioned anything about it in 8 or 9 months?

Your input is welcome, but I think most people will take it with a pinch of salt given your behaviour on the Boards and towards various Boards moderators not so long ago.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PHB
    CS boards was never one of the best forums. It was one of the most popular and it used to have only small amounts of spam, but it has always been a problem.

Minority ; Smaller group present in the board compared to the rest of the decent people. Just because they arent as active posting doesnt mean they dont read it.
    That's only your view on it...
    Also, if you take it in posts, the spammers and muppets etc. arent a minority in cs anymore...

Shinji, i'm not proposing anything that hasnt been already on this thread.

Yes but the community isnt judged by the most vocal people.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Can the moderators try and use their control panels to allow access to test individuals (preferably those who are not mods of other boards) and see if it will allow them to post and reply etc.

It should be set to allow us to rebuild the community sans-muppets.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

but eh, i know this is a stupid question, how would anyone new get to join the CS board after this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Isn't that the point? Its the new people who post most of the spam.

• Advertisement

hows about only letting approved members post normally and non approved post 2 posts a day, every 30 posts they can have the opportunity to send a request for approval which the moderators decide upon?

I take it that what you've done is set the "Default" on the access mask for the CS board to "No Access"?

I've set the following people to have access to the board (assuming that's the system for doing so - I've set their mask to "Yes").... List based entirely on folk who posted to this thread and seemed to be expressing an interest in seeing the board continue.
    PHB
    NekkidBibleMan
    Son_of_Blam
    Baz_
    veonix
    Samba
    red_ice
    ][cEMAN**
    Gambler
    Mr Applepie
    Praetorian
    smak
    kraken
    jabba
    mercury_tilt
    Odian

Assuming those folk can now post to the CS board, I guess we start adding new users on a request basis?

hows about only letting approved members post normally and non approved post 2 posts a day, every 30 posts they can have the opportunity to send a request for approval which the moderators decide upon?

I don't like provisional licenses on the roads, and I don't like 'em on the boards either. :)

This system works. If you want to discuss counter-strike, is it REALLY that much hassle to PM or EMail a moderator requesting access to the forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Originally posted by DeVore
    Can the moderators try and use their control panels to allow access to test individuals (preferably those who are not mods of other boards) and see if it will allow them to post and reply etc.

It should be set to allow us to rebuild the community sans-muppets.

DeV.

I'll try it with a few people on IRC now.

Beaten to it, obviously :).

I don't like provisional licenses on the roads, and I don't like 'em on the boards either. :)

This system works. If you want to discuss counter-strike, is it REALLY that much hassle to PM or EMail a moderator requesting access to the forum?

Well, I'm not going into a speech,

What system works? the old one is dead the new one is a couple of minutes old

I just think it would be a good way for you to get to see what the poster is like before denying him access for never being seen on any other board or irc. Some users might not actually post on the other boards and if you had some experience of the type of posts they make, you could make a better informed decision as to whether or not to grant them access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I've set the following people to have access to the board (assuming that's the system for doing so - I've set their mask to "Yes").... List based entirely on folk who posted to this thread and seemed to be expressing an interest in seeing the board continue.

quote:

PHB
    NekkidBibleMan
    Son_of_Blam
    Baz_
    veonix
    *****Samba*****
    red_ice
    ][cEMAN**
    Gambler
    Mr Applepie
    Praetorian
    smak
    kraken
    jabba
    mercury_tilt
    Odian

next time I will log off samba's a/c and use my own I promise, I'll be good :rolleyes:

Some users might not actually post on the other boards and if you had some experience of the type of posts they make, you could make a better informed decision as to whether or not to grant them access.

Or alternatively, they can prove to the mods that they're genuinely interested in posting about CS by messaging one of us for access, and then if they prove to be a muppet they can be removed as easily as you like.

Your system would be a PITA for the board admins to implement and I'm sure they've had enough of a PITA from the CS board already :)

Besides, frankly, I'm not bothered about the bleeding heart argument over whether a random person fails to work out how to get access to the board. Like most others here, I'm just concerned with seeing the board sorting itself out.

Twas just a suggestion sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

invite only is a great idea !! if only twere done sooner....

cloud9.jpg

only in this case twas DeV

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I stuck with that heathen board for two solid years, mainly because of the clan I still run (Which has been going on since mid 1999 and still living it up)

I began my boards.ie life there, and now it's, by far, the most out of control / flame filled / misleading / abusive / muppet infested Board you'll probably ever find on an Irish site and sadly it just had to be here on the amazing Boards.ie...

I love this place but the mere presence of the CS Forum and the ****e it contains is very offputting and sick... I've recieved a lot of uncalled for abuse and ridicule from people who know me, people who've decided to Double team me (or Triple, or Quad, or Quin) / jump on the bandwagon because their brain disalows them to sit back and think for a moment that they're doing something wrong, people who have absolutely no idea who the hell I am but take it upon themselves to flame merely because they think it's cool, and a host of other annying little twats that could only ever be found on the CS Board...

I usually complained to Shinji or another moderator about my problems but after a while I just left the board altogether, as have so many other regulars there who used to make it a great and fun place to visit... Now the CS Board population (The majority anyway) regard the board as a creché rather than a place to have informative and intelligent conversations. The majority of threads get ransacked by arseholes, the only communication known to the CS Board Muppets is flaming and insults and it's sickening...

If anything, the board deserves to be nuked from the face of Boards.ie promtly and without mercy, but that too would be unfair seeing as, like I've said before, it's the board people post to the most, and it probably drew in quite a vast chunk of the entire Boards.ie Users...

The idea of applying to the CS Board to be able to actually post on it simply creates more work for the higher powers, and it would still be just as easy to get past the application and cause havok... I mean, you get people making alternate accounts so that they can flame people without having their normal identity discovered - Whats stopping someone creating another account elsewhere, getting into the CS Board and causing **** again - Fair enough they'll get banned but they'll also try again if they're THAT determined to act like ****heads.

There really isn't much else to be done... Back when the CS Board complaints started again I said that closing the entire board might help, and it didn't. If the board was valued by it's regulars it wouldn't be recieving the abuse it does, so the only conclusion I can state is that the majority of people who go there regard it as a place to vent their frustrations and problems out on others, and when it can't be controlled it gives off the image that it's ok to be like that, and then the new members take up the role of a muppet and cause grief also...

That board is merely a massive mess that needs to be treated with either explosive, vicious, heartless moderation - or to be closed / deleted permanantly (Or at least for a VERY long time)

Just my opinion.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

And a big apology about my post there - I didn't have time to check the entire thread before posting so it would seem what I said doesn't matter one little dinky woo...

Sorry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

You have issues dont you rope?

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie
    You have issues dont you rope?
    He seems to be posting a lot of rants lately, some of them rightly, some wrongly...

Lately? :)

At least his rants have a point, and most of the post is usually backing up the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Does anyone actually read the inner part of Rope's rants?

Maybe hes writing all horrid, evil things about us. My guess is that most of use just read the outer crust of the whole thing....C'mon rope...we know yer game.

Originally posted by Kyro
    Does anyone actually read the inner part of Rope's rants?

Usually when i see rants like that, one thing always springs to mind

"Oh great looks like Castor Troy has set one of his humanities minions upon us"

Mills knows exactly what Im like by now... ;):D

Thanks mate, for being the only backup I'll probably ever recieve on this issue...

What I post usually comes from the heart (The intense raving and ranting anyway) and I always find it in myself to revrt back to the topic at hand, regardless of how frustrated and annoyed I am at the time... If I did otherwise I'd be regarded as the very type of person Im ranting about right now... The typical, un-intelligent, sexually depraved spanner of a CS Board Muppet Regular...

Celt, care to point me towards something I've been wrong to rant about!? Yes I've been ranting lately - The majority of my posts usually contain over a hundred words, but isn't that better then being a one line wonder!? Look at me, nearly 2000 posts - Thats a lot of ranting, but I have damn good reason... CS Board for starters, real life issues, Which I try NOT to express too often - I've got so many damn problems on my shoulders It's not suprising I fly off the handle every now and again, but at least I don't vent frustration on actual posters, or create warfare on Boards by creating flame fests, or act a general muppet...

Mr.Apple Pie, Im the current leader of a fun loving, but hard-to-control CS clan and have been for two damn years - VAR is full of funny and loveable alcoholics, who gave me lots of happiness and grief over those long two years I've been in IRC Bitching to them... If someone like me doesn't develop issues after all that then I must have serious mental disorders... Either way, Im a nut case with good reason.

The more I hear about the CS Board, the more I disrespect it, and if I ever get way out of line you can be sure it's the CS Board that'll be on the recieving end, and anyone who gets in my way...

Kyro, you have absolutely no idea about my Game....

Slydice, I don't know much about Castor Troy, even after the long time I've been on Boards (Just what I hear off other people) but if I felt that being like him would get me anywhere on Boards.ie I'd study him like a book and make sure my presence was felt...

Originally posted by RopeDrink

Celt, care to point me towards something I've been wrong to rant about!?
    I meant i think your wrong about your ranting, ie. my opinion :)
    Then again, seeing as how reading your rants cause me great pain, maybe i'm biased. ;)
    But I do disagree with you about smallish rant on the cs board above like how it put's you off teh rest of the boards and makes you feel sick..., that's just ott.

• Advertisement

Listen mate,
    when I rant, I rant based on "My Opinion" - I don't turn around, specifically point out something and say "This is most definately wrong!" (If I have ever done that, then I'd always back up points with relevant factors or, again, opinions which Im open to debate about with good old fashioned conversation)

If you think expressing an opinion is wrong, then get off boards.ie - Thats partially what it's here for, and also - Either you have a problem understanding my mass ammounts of English Text or your making things up - I didn't ever state that the turmoil raging on the CS Board has caused a violent loss in my respect / love for all the other boards, merely that if any board was to be selected for deletion any time soon, my finger would point in the direction of the CS Board and CS Board alone...

If I hated the CS Board enough to make me detest Boards.ie on the whole then I'd hang up my moderator shoes, and start acting like one of those "Nasty Muppet CS Board regular" type people just to piss everyone off...

Until then I will always be on Boards.ie offering my "Opinions" (Or massive long time wasting rants, as you might call them) and just be myself, wether anyone likes it or not...

As far as im concerned, im not causing massive problems, nor am I being out of line, merely expressing myself in a lot more words than the majority of people here would do... I piss in the face of one line remarks and comments....

If you have a problem with me, there's always the ignore button - otherwise, please, either read my rant (If your going to comment about them) or simply ignore me and continue your Boards.ie life as if I wasn't around...

Thank You...
    Oh and Im not trying to be mean, it's just your one in many people who simply don't take the time to fully digest all of my rants - Im actually a nice enough / quiet bloke in real life, with serious problems...

Again, I wont express them openly anymore on boards - The rants produced by me when Im actually upset are far far longer then when Im simply very pissed off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Ropedrink, why are you going to supress your opinions?
    Again, I wont express them openly anymore on boards - The rants produced by me when Im actually upset are far far longer then when Im simply very pissed off...

I wouldnt let the muppets who dont like reading more than 5 lines of a "HAHA!" reply get to you.

opinions are great, whether i agree with them or not, they tend to be inflamatory, and isn't that truely the bloody point of the boards? to get other peoples opinions and to have a good, *interesting* arguement?

for those who dont like rants and opinions, go buy a yes man if want to argue over stuff. :P

<< Fio >>

go buy a yes man

You can buy these in shops now? Where! I've been looking for ages - I wore my last one out...

Listen mate,
    when I rant, I rant based on "My Opinion" - I don't turn around, specifically point out something and say "This is most definately wrong!" (If I have ever done that, then I'd always back up points with relevant factors or, again, opinions which Im open to debate about with good old fashioned conversation)

If you think expressing an opinion is wrong, then get off boards.ie - Thats partially what it's here for, and also - Either you have a problem understanding my mass ammounts of English Text or your making things up - I didn't ever state that the turmoil raging on the CS Board has caused a violent loss in my respect / love for all the other boards, merely that if any board was to be selected for deletion any time soon, my finger would point in the direction of the CS Board and CS Board alone...

If I hated the CS Board enough to make me detest Boards.ie on the whole then I'd hang up my moderator shoes, and start acting like one of those "Nasty Muppet CS Board regular" type people just to piss everyone off...

Until then I will always be on Boards.ie offering my "Opinions" (Or massive long time wasting rants, as you might call them) and just be myself, wether anyone likes it or not...

As far as im concerned, im not causing massive problems, nor am I being out of line, merely expressing myself in a lot more words than the majority of people here would do... I piss in the face of one line remarks and comments....

If you have a problem with me, there's always the ignore button - otherwise, please, either read my rant (If your going to comment about them) or simply ignore me and continue your Boards.ie life as if I wasn't around...

Thank You...
    Oh and Im not trying to be mean, it's just your one in many people who simply don't take the time to fully digest all of my rants - Im actually a nice enough / quiet bloke in real life, with serious problems...

You just said your entitled to your own opinion, while your whole post revolves about me not being entitled to mine.
    Well played RopeDrink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Quoting an entire post for a 1 liner reply in reply to the length of his rants... heh, you're a muppet.

Here we go again...

Do you bother to read my posts at all!?
    Did I say you weren't entitled to an opinion!?

The fact that you've quoted all of my post indicates (To me at least) that you've read a tiny portion of my post, ignored the rest, assumed what I've said in the rest of it rather than bother to read it yourself, and start firing weapons at me for what you assume I've said...

For example, your reply to one of my posts was "But I do disagree with you about smallish rant on the cs board above like how it put's you off teh rest of the boards and makes you feel sick..., that's just ott."

-Not once did I say that, so I explained what I meant by that opinion, and then your reply to my reply to your reply was that I got up on a soap box and screamed some **** about I can have an opinion but you can't.

-Never said that either.
    Sooooooooo we come back to the point of you either misunderstanding what Im trying to say in pure mass English Text, or you're too lazy to read my entire posts, understand what Im saying and give me a proper debate...

Either way, stop assuming what Im saying. Assumption is an evil ****ing demon that loves causing trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Either way, stop assuming what Im saying. Assumption is an evil ****ing demon that loves causing trouble.

Ah, but you're assuming that Celt isn't reading it.
    I mean, he might have some kind of disorder? :)
    You don't know! Do you?

He could have no short term memory for all you know!? :p

But Stephen is right... "Muppet."

I wouldn't bother giving some a proper reply if all they're doing is snorting a one liner.

You're totaly right!
    The CS board was a detestable pile of muppet faeces.
    And you know where the muppets have taken to poop on now? THIS ****ING THREAD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

You're all muppets until you prove me otherwise.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I rarely read anything any of you write. :p

Anyway, this is Waaay off topic. If people want to read Ropes posts (and I'm an big fan of NOT soundbiting arguments even though sometimes I dont have the time to engage fully in them).

Everyone is entitled to a civil opinion... long, short or wrong.

This topic is waaay off topic now.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

if your just gonna bitch at each other you should do it in humanities or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Da Bounca
    You're all muppets until you prove me otherwise.

OI!!!

I'm a muppet, and I'm DAMN PROUD OF IT!!! Thank you very much!
    I don't need to prove ANYTHING to you!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement