Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

games board

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Deal with it. You got a bit of fairly light-hearted slagging for posting something eminently silly, and I locked the thread pretty promptly. If you're that sensitive, I suggest wrapping yourself in bubble wrap and keeping well away from the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Kraken
    Ok i want to say the few i have met in there so far are by no means nice peeps. see for yourself what i mean.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41722

i think that this is exactly how it started out on the cs board.
    You mean you werent taking the piss in that thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

celt

no i wasent taking the piss.

shinji

how shall i put this except to say the truth i take a joke as well as the next person even if they are about me (which happens a fair bit) i dont mind people slagging me or shouting abuse at me i am generally a quiet guy try to keep to myself but i am by no means a small little weed who couldnt defend himself (not that ye need to know that)

The one and only one thing i dont take nor would never do is slag someones family that is beond a joke family is personal. well to me it is anyway.

And you can keep the bubble wrap. and your smart comments (no offence ment there) all i was pointing out was the way in which these three posters replyed to a fairly ordinary post.

the map i drew is correct as you know shinji being a FF nut. its the general area, i posted it up because it came to my attention that quiet a few people where stuck there, as was i when i played it first. if you can give a reasonable argument as to the reason why they felt the need to act like muppets then do but i stand behind my actions and if u read it i even tried to get it back on line with the topic.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I agree,
    Shinji is most deffinately a knob. (no offence meant there)

I still cannot for the life of me make head nor tail of your "map". Posting something silly, however, is certainly not a problem. What is a problem, however....
    if u read it i even tried to get it back on line with the topic

You posted an inflammatory response full of thinly veiled threats. THAT'S a problem. The thread was locked. Don't do it again. If you rise to every childish "Yore Ma" comment in this way, I shudder to think how badly battered you probably were by the end of primary school.

Of course Swifty shouldn't have responded in the way he did, but personally I consider his response - which was patently childish - far less of a problem than yours, which was deliberately threatening and downright stupid. To come here whinging about your treatment after making ridiculous "kidiot" threats like that just compounds it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Damn it, why do I always miss the muppetry?

However I agree with Krakens comments about the slagging of ones family on the boards. I demand that Shinji write a letter of apology to Krakens Ma.

On behalf of the Games board I present this open letter of apology:

Dear Krakens Ma,

The comments made towards you were uncalled for and demeaning. We withdraw them wholeheartly and with sincere regret.

Please feel assured that your beloved son will be treated fairly in all dealings with us in the future.

Yours with fondest love and a big erection,

amp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by amp
    OMG dirty bugger! Now thats totally uncalled for :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

LOL, played amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

IT is allways better to laugh and point in amusments as amp takes the piss out of some poor misguided soul, then to be the soul on the recieving end

Better get a more original sig then fool.

• Advertisement

I was standing up for what i belive in. and i have no scars from primary school people have a habit of keeping there mouth shut when a foot is embeded in it. Amp letter was nice pitty about the lack of originality. and as for your merry followers well ill say nothing. i have no problem with any admins here even if there might be some i dont really like i will never lower myself to slagging them. as for the comments i made on the games board there where with in reason.

the map be it really bad it does show the area of the map to search in. and saves time. i had intended to up load a proper pic later but dont think i will now, not worth the hassle.

I was standing up for what i belive in. and i have no scars from primary school people have a habit of keeping there mouth shut when a foot is embeded in it. Amp letter was nice pitty about the lack of originality. and as for your merry followers well ill say nothing. i have no problem with any admins here even if there might be some i dont really like i will never lower myself to slagging them. as for the comments i made on the games board there where with in reason.

the map be it really bad it does show the area of the map to search in. and saves time. i had intended to up load a proper pic later but dont think i will now, not worth the hassle.
    um your picture would have helped no-one in any way.
    If they were smart enough to figure out what your picture meant and apply it to the game(which I couldnt do)
    Then they would be smart enough not to need such a piss take of a map.

I understand what u mean celt.
    Did it or did it not show where the area that the ship could be found in? to the left of edas house?

Originally posted by amp
    Better get a more original sig then fool.

bite me, and my big erection :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Kraken - sorry if i caused you any offence, it seemed funny at the time cos i too, like Shinji, couldnt make head nor tail of your map though Swifty's response was definetly uncalled for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

No offence was intended. I'm sure YORE MA is a lovely woman and wouldn't want anything to do with me (or my big erection). I realise you were trying to be helpful.

I understand what u mean celt.
    Did it or did it not show where the area that the ship could be found in? to the left of edas house?
    No, I knew where the ship was, but your map helped not at all.
    Giving general directions would have probly been better and easier to use.

I was standing up for what i belive in.

Which is what exactly? The right to post rubbish and then threaten people if they slag your rubbish?

Amp letter was nice pitty about the lack of originality.

Ah, yore ma get's letters like this all the time?

i have no problem with any admins here even if there might be some i dont really like i will never lower myself to slagging them.
    as for the comments i made on the games board there where with in reason.

Yet you will lower yourself with threats to others? And if your comments were within reason why not repost them here and let the others be the judge?

I'm deeply saddened by this....

BOING!!!

hmmm....

Anybody got a spare string for the worlds smallest violin?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

/me lends amp a string

Kraken - that was possibly the most pointless and ridiculous looking post I've ever seen - I looked at it and said "What the hell is he on about?" to myself (and then laughed like a laughy thing at Swifty's response).

D00d - de-sensitise - this is boards.ie, we are gamers, we slag each other's Ma off all the time (speaking of which amp - YORE MA still owes me €5 for the New Year's overtime).

Here's a clever thing - don't threaten people, Swifty could, if he was a mong (which I imagine he isn't), go to the Gardaí with that post as evidence and have harsh words said to you - just a thought...

Give it up man - you're the one looking like the fool here.

Originally posted by Kharn
    (speaking of which amp - YORE MA still owes me €5 for the New Year's overtime).

She does? I'll get it off her and give it to yore ma when I see her tonight.

• Advertisement

YOU INSULTED MY MAMMY!!!

I AM GOING TO BEAT YOU UP!!!

I'M TELLING DEVORE ON YOU!!!!

Swifty could, if he was a mong

He is a bit of a mong to be fair. I mean really.

(I once had Kharn's ma, but only because it was dark and I thought it was him...)

Originally posted by Kharn
    YOU INSULTED MY MAMMY!!!

I AM GOING TO BEAT YOU UP!!!

I'M TELLING DEVORE ON YOU!!!!

i think devore knows about you ma, as well as the rest of us

Originally posted by Boston

i think devore knows about you ma, as well as the rest of us
    He's more into threesomes with my brother/sister/thing and Shinji's Da (I believe), but then again, DeV always a sucker for punishment.
    (he sucks, they beat)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Originally posted by amp
    Damn it, why do I always miss the muppetry?

However I agree with Krakens comments about the slagging of ones family on the boards. I demand that Shinji write a letter of apology to Krakens Ma.

On behalf of the Games board I present this open letter of apology:

Dear Krakens Ma,

The comments made towards you were uncalled for and demeaning. We withdraw them wholeheartly and with sincere regret.

Please feel assured that your beloved son will be treated fairly in all dealings with us in the future.

amp.
    I think it's amazing the way i always find that Amp just has to reply to posts like these.(In other words he's practically everywhere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

AMP is an omnipotent being. he has 2 GATHERING cards devoted to him ffs !!

tho his use of Atari Jaguar [or OVERUSE] is every poll made has become quite annoying

ampmoment.jpg

Atari Jaguar.

Also I must protest about Gone Shootins posting. He does it. Stop it.

Eh.

I can't see the submit button. God damnit it requires me to scroll down to see it. The nasty fucjer. Oh god I'm going to not be able what I'm typing after this line. Oh sweet jesus noo,,. Ok i can now not see what I'm stpying so it's this is all ****igned up theng wwekrwer

Dam I shoul never post when in happy happy harcore land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

amptest.jpg

Advertisement