Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of quick questions.

• 12-02-2002 9:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭

What is the best solution to stop my psu cable blocking my cpu fan, it keeps falling on top of it. Is twine the answer? :) It needs pinning down with something.

Also, I want to download DoD 2.0, which is over a 100 megs, can I use a 100MB zip disk and get 100mb worth, then slap the rest on top of it via download when I get home for the weekend?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Just download the whole thing onto the HD in college, then zip it using winzip's multiple disk spanning feature. It'll break it up into two files, one on each disk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

if u do want to take half it home and resume it should work fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya can get 130mb out of most zips if ya compress them.

or if ya wanna download 100mb and the rest at home ya gotta use a download manager, i think getright would be the best for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

dcc via IRC supports resume, if u can find someone willing to send it on to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

use plastic cable ties not twine... for obvious reasons.

and don't most resume programs create a quick filesize snapshot so they know where exactly to resume within a file?

• Advertisement
Advertisement