Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suggestion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My point was not to have a 'Womens' forum(s), but a little more balance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I could sure go for a fashion forum!

I wonder if Black PVC is in this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    I could sure go for a fashion forum!

I wonder if Black PVC is in this season?
    oh please! :rolleyes: that was so last october.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by azezil

oh please! :rolleyes: that was so last october.

It's retro, pff... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Minesajackdaniels

...get outta that, ya big STALKER

youre not even worth stalking JD.

by the way, that was a nice grey woolly jumper you were wearing yesterday...........................

..........................................damn!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

<vague attempt to pull thread back on topic>

Victor, its an admirable sentiment and one I agree with but what specifically would you (or anyone else who has read this far) suggest?

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Can I have my night goggles back now Eamo?

And eh... open source is great but until it matches the features of dedicated commercial packages it's not going to fly.

I suspect that the beardy looonix men who write such things still use Usenet and therefore think that web based forums are for muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Originally posted by DeVore
    <vague attempt to pull thread back on topic>

Victor, its an admirable sentiment and one I agree with but what specifically would you (or anyone else who has read this far) suggest?

DeV.

My issue isn't that boards.ie shouldn't broaden its content, I just can't understand why the forums would need to be gender segregated. There isn't a boys board. (I mean, you've just closed the CS forum...) :) So, why should there be a girls board?

And again, before I suggest anything, I'd love to know what the m/f members ratio is...

off topic again

And sod off WWM, I don't own a grey woolly jumper and besides, you're one to talk, that was a smashing pair of knee highs... fwoargh...

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

The demographic of the boards readers relating to gender and/or sexuality isn’t particularly important in my opinion. However, I believe that more/different issues will arise as the readers get older…

For instance, I once used to play quake… and do some work.
    Now I work… and play some quake.

What the admins will have to decide is whether to create more boards to cater for all the issues that will face the readers as they grow older… I suppose becoming less ‘After Hours’ and moving more ‘into hours’ with a business and economics forum and stuff. Most people here will become parents…. but should boards.ie be the place to hold parenting related discussions? Most everyone will eventually become a gardener of sorts… etc. etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement