Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ban Cork Cafe Ips

• 13-02-2002 7:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I suggest eye ban the IP’s of the main source of muppetry coming from 2 cafes in cork. 1 cafe which yee all know of, and wwh in cork city. Whats happening is these new kids on the block are forming clans and play each other, etc.

So then jealousy comes into play saying we are better than u etc, smb, i had your ma and so on. Few clans play from ie in cork and another couple in wwh. First they were grand and then rivalry came into play saying 1 cafe is better than the other, and my clan is better than yours.

They then decide to mock each other constantly in mirc/cs/realife, they then discovered boards.ie and decide to treat boards.ie the same way as they would on mirc. I suggest banning these cafes from boards then ppl like me cant spam from cafes but only from home. And they would never spam from home incase of getting there only source of boards banned.

I also apologise from the amount of Bs coming from ie in cork, and i apologise for the way im acting on boards i dont act like this in real life, kind of hard 2 run a cafe by myself and control Muppets spamming from here. Also i apologise if i made moderators jobs hard specially u Shinji. If yee ban these IP’s it will make these cafes easier 2 cut out the muppetry.

Again sorry guys :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Dino as much as it might amuse me to support what you're suggesting I don't really thinks it's the answer. When people posted stuff from .dNC that was total crap I used to tell them it was total crap and they should grow up. Being an asshole in public is not recommended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Originally posted by meglome
    When people posted stuff from .dNC that was total crap I used to tell them it was total crap and they should grow up. Being an asshole in public is not recommended.

Hehe you never called me an asshole :(

imho i dont think banning the 2 cafes is the solution. Lately there has been a lot of spam from ie and wwh agreed but banning the cafes will do nothing as they will just find new ways of accessing boards. At least your growing up dino :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

U tickle and MrBig used to corner me:(

I stopped rapidly then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Isn't the answer obvious? Barring Cork IP's would take too long. Carpet-bombing the south coast would be more effecient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Ban all ips and make boards invite only while you're at it.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement