Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail

• 07-01-2001 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

my hotmail seems to be ****ed up. ANytime i try to sign in to check my email the white screen comes up saying that i cant view the page. I can open th actual hotmail site but cant check my email. I used msn messenger and i know i have a few new mails but when i click on the box to view them it just says i cant view them

anyone got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

this has happened to me in the past. the hotmail system isn't the most reliable one in the world. firstly - you know there are new mails in there so we know that your account hasn't dissolved from lack of use or anything. try simply clicking the refresh button when that white page comes up. i suggest you just be patient - these phases with hotmail pass, i have found.

having re-read that, i realise that it wasn't the most constructive advice ever given, but it's a genuine offering. if your mails are in there - i can't see what would be wrong except that hotmail often sucks. bear with it, i guess.

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

ta
    i know some times hotmail acts up but when i click refresh nothing happens

but it isnt that. A few days ago i had to crash my computer, the scan disk said it found an error and it will bring up a back up. Since then i cant open hotmail, use my icq or mirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

i may be totally wrong, but can't see how a disk error (now supposedly corrected by back-up) would affect these things, unless your internet software has been affected. but hey - truly - i havent a clue at all and you should talk to somebody who knows about computers. i know little about their workings, man...sorry. frown.gif

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hotmail = PANTS.....

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hmmm....Well a few things ya could try.

For just hotmail...
    I fyou have IE5 installed then you have Outlook Express 5. You can use this to read hotmail, it's LOT handier. Just go to Tools/Accounts/Add Mail. And put in your details as normal. When you enter xxxxxx@hotmail.com as your address it will automatically put in all the server settings you need. Dead easy.
    The just download your messages when it asks. Also you might want to play with the synchronisation settings for each folder. if you get a lot of spam you could just tell it to download headers, this way you can delete messages without wasting time downloading them.
    Using this and MSN messenger you can approximate a normal mail account (And it's ncie and easy to drag mails from Hotmail to your local Mail account to free up space).

If it was just Hotmail that was acting up I'd suggest you clear your temp internet files and history. But the fact that IRC and ICQ are messed up is a bigger problem. You could try Win98's System file checker. Or reinstall one of these apps (To reinstall whatever DLL went missing...).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭beserker

Outlook does the job but personally i use hotmail for a lot of crap spammy type stuff so i use Eprompter to check all my mail and delete the sh*te before its d/led.

beserker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

my mirc is now working but my icq just says connecting for half an hour and still wont connect

Advertisement