Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay It Forward

• 13-02-2002 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Pay it Forward

Drama, Rated PG-13 for mature elements: substance abuse/recovery, some sexual situations, language and brief violence
    Starring: Kevin Spacey Haley Joel Osment, Helen Hunt, Liev Schreiber, Angie Dickinson
    Directed by: Mimi Leder
    Produced by: Steven Reuther, Peter Abrams and Robert L Levy
    Written by: Leslie Dixon
    Distributor: Warner Bros
    Release Date:October 20, 2000

Synopsis
    Reuben St Clair, an emotionally and physically scarred social studies teacher, challenges his young students to devise some type of philanthropic plan and put it into effect. A young boy, whose own life is far from rosy, takes the assignment to heart and invents the "pay-it-forward" philosophy, which encourages paying back favors in advance. The whole town embraces the boy's concept, and random acts of kindness become a community pasttime. Though celebrated by aquaintances and the media, the boy struggles at home with his alcoholic mother, and the only one who recognizes his lonely fight is Reuben St Clair.
    Anyone seen this film?

I watched it some time last year i found it quite good, kinda surprised I hadent heard about it before, it really is an excellent film :)

Flash promo thingy :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Seen it , I thought it was ok , enjoyed it.
    I did see it advertised a fair bit in my local cinema before it came out , but cant remember if it had an acutal cinema release in it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I was probably in a cynical mood when I read the book (have to admit I skipped the movie but GF found it good). Thought the book was OK, bit schmaltzy so I liked the ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

i saw it in the cinema and thought it was pretty impressive. good film, good cast (apart from haley jol osmond, i hate that kid).

The fact that kevin spaceys scars hopped around his face from scene to scene freaked me out a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I think hes a grand actor , dosen't annoy me as much as the McAuley Colchan "Home Alone" freak use to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

As child actors go.. he's the best of a bad bunch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement