Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN modem.

• 05-01-2001 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Can anyone tell me if there is anywhere in Dublin I can get an Asus isdn modem?
    and also does anyone know what the modem eircom can supply you with is like,would it be worth it to get it off them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Don't know what the Eircom one is actually like, but chances are they want too much for it.

You can get an Eicon Diva internal for about sixty quid from IT Direct in Parliament Street, that gives pings of 40-60 on Irish CS servers, or 80-100 on English ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fury361

would you recommend the Eicon Diva then Castor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The general feeling seems to be that the TA Eircom supply = pants; the ones to go for are the Asus com and Eicon diva. I have an internal Diva, which I purchased from the nice people at IT Direct for £79 if I remember correctly, but some say the Asus is better (I've yet to use one, so I won't comment except to say that I have no problems with the Diva).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fury361:
    would you recommend the Eicon Diva then Castor?</font>

Indeed I would, it's the one I use and it's fine - no complaints.

Cheers castor thanks for your help i think i will go with that......you have been a big help. thanks again.

• Advertisement

Thanks also to Sico, in my rush to read the post i missed your name.
    sorry about that Sico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

What a polite chap hehe

I also use icon deva and im pulling in 30 ping on some irish servers

[HIV]Stonemason

Advertisement