Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom do it again - WebSpace Info

• 07-01-2001 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭

Ah, ya gotta love 'em. They make all these wonderful changes and don't bother to tell their customers.

Basically you now cannot upload to your Eircom web-space unless you are on a direct dial up to Eircom.

>
    > The new secuirity system set last week, doesn't allow non-eircom IPs to
    access their web space, and I think that's your problem.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the only way around it, is to dial into Ireland whenever
    wanted to upload pages.
    >

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

If I were you, Id write a stinky letter back to them saying what a load of crap this is.

--Chris--

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

I wouldn't bother. It's standard practise, and there is nothing wrong with it, apart from them not notifying their customers with webpages.

Gav

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

if you think though ..
    its a good sly way to get people to use you as n ISP though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ehh yeah.
    you want to upload stuff to their machines you use their services.
    perfectly fair.

whatever about angola thats a bit extreme.

is it just for the free accounts or the monthly charge service? if its the case for the latter I'd complain.. I mean wasn't it eircom who had those ads with the lads takin pictures while on holidy and throwing it on their webpages?

Advertisement